Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Banking: Emailing Receipt option

MHS
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

25Posts

705Kudos

0Solutions

25 Posts
Experienced Cover User

It would be great to be able to email receipts to customers when you receive their payment, at the moment you can only print and I find this waists time and paper.  (The email remittance feature works great so why not have an email receipts option too.)

Thanks

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: June 2021

Thank you all for showing your support and voting for this idea. While we recognize the importance of sales receipts to your business, due to competing priorities we regretfully announced that the inclusion of this idea has been delayed until further notice. We’ll share information on the future status of this idea when we have more information.

356 Comments
SPELDNZ
6 Posts
User

Due to the receipt emailing issue I have advised at least 10-15 other friends/business to use Xero instead of MYOB, maybe if we can count up how many business they have missed out on they will work on it. 

We all know word of mouth is one of the best way of selling your product.

KGI1957
4 Posts
User

Please why hasn't this feature been introduced into MYOB?

I've been using MYOB since 1996, you would think this could now be a feature.

Remittances can be directly emailed, what is the problem incorporating Customer Receipts into the direct email, it would save so much time.

Youngone
Experienced Cover User
38 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Emailing receipts would be bringing MYOB closer towards modernisation! Printing is obsolete now.

Judi1
1 Post
User

Seems like a basic addition that could save a lot of time. At present need to print, scan and them email.

Granville
6 Posts
User

Cheaper Accounting Softwares such as XERO has this function. Why is MYOB lagging on this yet? asking for a vote? for sure its so much easier to e-mail straight off from MYOB than a step to save to the desktop as PDF, make e-mail, attach PDF and send out. was not MYOB all about efficiency? please... 

HDG
Experienced Cover User
71 Posts
Experienced Cover User

We get a lot of deposits from customers and it would be great to be able to email them a reciept with a note of thanks that the job is orderd and ready to go ahead. 

GEO-1778
2 Posts
User

I think this would be a great Idea. I have a lot of customers that ask me to send an email receipt and this would help across all myob products.

Donna7758
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User

When can we expect the option to be able to email payment receipts? 

DazzaB
Experienced Cover User
141 Posts
Experienced Cover User

This is a copy of a post I made a while ago and even though its wasnt exactly about the current issue  which we have already and continue to suffer from as well it highlights the " FRANKLY MY DEAR I DONT GIVE A "CARE" " attitude that MYOB seems to have about either fixing issues or improving the operational use of the entire program.

We the users need to start holding MYOB accountable for the lack of useful improvements being made.

Your issue is one of many that are almost always the same real issue.

A lack of customisability in all aspects of the programme but because you have a very specific need only a small number of people will vote for this idea

They manage to divide us into small groups because we all have very specific changes or improvements that we want done but in general not enough people either see the request or want exactly that change made to get enough votes to hopefully get the idea considered for inclusion into the possible future improvements selection list that the Team will be considering for possible inclusion into the future improvements consideration list ( that nothing ever seems to get done from anyway).

Please note the long winded underlined part is deliberate as that’s how difficult it is to get Anything changed in MYOB

We need an external forum where we can distil out effective broad reaching changes to the usability of the program.

What I am referring to is things like allowing us the users to have full and complete control of what information and arrangements we want on all the onscreen and offscreen reports including sales/purchasing/inventory and accounting screens

In other words allow us to decide whatever information, in whatever format we need to suit our business in both onscreen and offscreen reports

The issue seems to be that whatever columns and information the MYOB experts decided many years ago was the one and only arrangement that we would ever need because how could we possibly know better what would suit our business operation.

We only run and manage our business everyday so how could we know what arrangement of information in on and offscreen would be best for our business.

We could then give MYOB and the Team a list of effective changes that need to be made with a request for an expected delivery date for the changes to be implemented by.

This may then help in speeding up the implementation of some really helpful changes

As in the case above about

There is no functionality for printing a report when transferring stock from location to location. There is also no report that can be printed after the transfer has been done and there is no reference in the stock inventory item that a transfer has been made.  ???? 

This would be very useful to a number of users of MYOB but what would be more useful would be to allow the users to fully customise all and any columns in any report and to be able to select any column that that has any connection to that report. ( AND I DO MEAN ANY AND ALL COLUMNS NOT WHAT THE PROGRAMMER THINKS ARE THE CORRECT ONES)

This would allow everyone to create any mix of columns in any order that suited their purpose.

Instead of us asking for a single useful change that only suits a few people at atime we would have a single upgrade that would make it way more useful to many users.

Darryl

and the reply from the moderator is attached below 

Hi @DazzaB 

Thank you for your feedback and for raising your concerns within the MYOB Community.

The primary focus of our product teams at this time is about adding additional functionality to the AccountRight Browser Interface, correcting known issues, and migrating users to that. This will give more users the ability to manage their accounts anytime anywhere that is an advantage of that interface. While this does mean that the AccountRight Browser interface will have added additional functionality and consequently some additional features in the desktop application, it does mean that we may not add additional functionality, such as the many user-submitted ideas on the AccountRight Idea Exchange as we would like.

In saying that, ideas and feedback posted on this Community Forum, including the AccountRight Idea Exchange (and MYOB Essentials Idea Exchange), are passed onto the required teams to look into. This is one of the primary reasons why, where appropriate, we do recommend that users post their suggestions and ideas that they would like to see in the product on those Idea Exchanges for consideration of the MYOB Community and our product teams. 

It should be noted that ideas are prioritised and as such before looking at implementing an idea we do look into how much demand that feature there is, how complex it is, what resources are required and would there be any negative impact. This is as well as commercial impact and other factors including compliance. Users voting for ideas or showing their support for those ideas are we how we look driving the demand for that idea. While voting for an idea doesn't mean that it will be implemented it shows use that users are looking at wanting to see that idea added in the future.

I think it is worth calling out that from just the AccountRight Idea Exchange alone there are over 300 implemented ideas. These are 300 ideas that users have suggested and have been included in the product.

Kind regards,

The Moderator

Well Im guessing that they dont see having to Input an entire order a real issue to be fixed as this problem has been around for a long long time and so far nothing has been done to fix it

Its funny that this is the only program I use that has a problem adding up a row of numbers and getting it right

Some very very Poor excuse for an accounting package 

Darryl

HmmmReally
Experienced Cover User
40 Posts
Experienced Cover User

If one was to look through the history of the "Email Receipt" thread, one soon realizes that MYOB is in no way concerend with the end user.  (I posted my request years ago) They are fast becoming the Blockbuster of the accounting solution sphere.  It's blatantly obvious that MYOB doesn't use their own software to account for the subscription dollars they rake in every month.

The Email Receipt function would have to be almost a necessary requirement for any accounting solution.  That said, most accounting solutions provide a means of emailing a receipt! Onya MYOB, you stick to your guns and ignore a years long request.  

Way to go!!.