Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Pay Superannuation: Contributing to multiple superannuation funds

Cover User

7Posts

15Kudos

0Solutions

7 Posts
Cover User
Australia

We currently use the pay superannuation feature of MYOB.  This ensures we are super stream compliant which due to our business size is a necessity.  We have a new employee who would like to contribute his SGC to 2 seperate superannuation funds at a rate of $200 per quarter to one fund and the balance to a seperate fund.  This is proving problematic due to MYOB only allowing 1 superannuation fund per employee card.  I have called MYOB technical support who couldn't find a solution so they put me through to super stream technical support who also couldn't come up with an answer. 

Is multiple super funds for per employee card for SGC something you are considering for future updates to allow us to continue using your product and keeping our super stream compliancy?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

"Using Pay Superannuation and Employees contributing to Multiple Superannuation Funds"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: September 2015

Hi @CazFromVMG

Thank you for your feedback in regards to AccountRight and Pay Superannuation for multiple superannuation funds.

Currently you are unable to pay superannuation for the one employee card for two superannuation funds. I would encourage other users that would like to see the option for allowing multiple superannuation funds being selected on the employee's card and having the ability to pay both funds using Pay Superannuation to vote and comment if required for this idea.

11 Comments
Blastoise
5 Posts
Former Staff

I know its rare for multiple super funds, but would really love this idea to be considered as well. 

RPG
1 Post
Cover User

We have an employee with 2 super funds and have been making payments outside of pay super via EFT together with the other SMSFs we are contributing to.  Now that MYOB pay super is able to remit to SMSFs, it means that we will have to remit super only for this employee separately and in order to be superstream compliant, will have to find a solution outside MYOB.  I hope MYOB will consider fixing this up in the next update. 

Lorkin12
Experienced Cover User
40 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Has there been an enhancement with the latest update to allow employees to contribute to multiple super funds via super stream?

Pamela

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @CazFromVMG

Thank you for your feedback in regards to AccountRight and Pay Superannuation for multiple superannuation funds.

Currently you are unable to pay superannuation for the one employee card for two superannuation funds. I would encourage other users that would like to see the option for allowing multiple superannuation funds being selected on the employee's card and having the ability to pay both funds using Pay Superannuation to vote and comment if required for this idea.

someone
Trusted Cover User
112 Posts
Trusted Cover User

We have just come up with this issue too, so will need a work-around from MYOB/SuperStream or an enhancement.

Lorbeer5063
Partner
1 Post
Partner

We also have this issue with one of our employees.  Would be fantastic if MYOB can come up with a solution.

Jillsco93
2 Posts
Cover User

I have 2 employees that Salary Sacrifice as well as collect the 9.5% superannuation guarantee. I currently pay them into 2 different funds with the ATO Small Business Superannuation Clearing House but I would like to go through MYOB and use PAY SUPERANNUATION however I cannot see how to put 2 different superannuation funds in (very similar to depositing pay into multiple bank accounts). Can this be done without creating a second employee card (which seems very messy) and how do I do it. Many thanks, Jillsco93

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Jillsco93

Thank you for your feedback in regards to AccountRight

I've merged your idea with this similar idea already included on the AccountRight Idea Exchange

Phil_DS
4 Posts
Cover User

How about allowing more than one super fund to be allocated to each employee in their card file!  

This would remove the very awkward work around setting up multiple card files for the same employee in MYOB and phantom employees in the Super portal.

Given Superstream compliance is now mandatory for small businesses, there really should be a better way of doing this.

loganwoods
Experienced Cover User
64 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I also have a client with employees who contribute to more than one fund.

Surely this can be allowed for in the software???  I'm sure you can split net pays to more than one bank account so why not super as well???