Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Pay Superannuation: Delete or hide reversed paysuper payments

Experienced Cover User

72Posts

804Kudos

0Solutions

72 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

There is currently no way to hide or delete authorised (or approved) PaySuper transactions so ones that need to be amended will still show as partially authorised (if 2 authorisations required)

"PaySuper - delete or hide reversed paysuper payments"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: March 2021

Hi Everyone

Thank you for showing your support for this idea through the years.

With the release of AccountRight 2021.1, we have introduced the Pay Superannuation status "Reversal Completed". This will alert users that the payment has been reversed and prevent the payment from being completed. For more information on Pay Superannuation statuses please see Help Article: Make superannuation payments.

Once again, thank you for your support and your patience for this long-awaited feature.

202 Comments
CloudMindAcc
Ultimate Partner
1,949 Posts
Ultimate Partner

I think I have written on this post about 5 times over the 3 very long awaited years.    252 posts and still counting? - how many posts do we need to get this moved up the priority queue?     When will this be resolved?   Recently my client had to reverse out past payments for two bounced funds and it created an absolute mess in the client's file.   First I had to find what employee out of 100 employees it related to resulting in a phone call to MYOB support and in what month it occurred it discovered it also imbalanced the bank reconciliations and made it impossible for us to present the G/L report balanced with reversals in and out of the superannuation liability control account - dogs breakfast.   The accountant was confused, the client was even more confused and I lost some more hairs on this frustrating unresolved issue.    I had to spend two hours fixing and reporting it to the accountant with not a great result for anyone.   It is very hard to stomach billing client for two hours work of really nothing but a major software shortfall.

JBPearce
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Is there any news on timing of this item.  3 years seems a very long time to wait for what appears to be quite a simple fix.

konmanos
Trusted User
95 Posts
Trusted User

I have given up - with MYOB - and their so called - perfect s/ware - time to look elsewhere and stop paying the montly fees - that they are dogging me on!!!

CloudMindAcc
Ultimate Partner
1,949 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Oh, and me again on my 7th post I forgot to mention another client who reversed three months worth of payments with no understanding what she was doing.   Then months later another approver has seen them sitting in the queue as "pending processing" and repaid all the funds again.  $10k error right there... no joke.    Please fix I love MYOB Pay Super it is just the reversals that are causing heaps users headaches. 

pldaye
8 Posts
Cover User

I noticed when reconciling that my payroll liabilities was displaying for December, after the payment had already been made. 

I orginally had went into pay liabilities thinking I had not paid my super as it was showing,  but reversed this transaction out , after reading in MYOB; that you cannot use pay liabilities when using pay super.

To clear this error, I went  into the pay super which then authorised another payment. 

Wanting to reverse this out - I was unable to due to locked previous period.

Is there no provision for removing duplicated transactions in  pay super or picking up same totals or same  period payments ?

I surely do not want to upset my super balances by unlocking periods.

Can MYOB please assist with this by allowing removal of duplicated pay super transactions already that have been paid in locked periods.

Thank you

Louise

TitanRec
5 Posts
Cover User

Edit > Delete - Simple thing to add. I can send over an IT worker to do this in four hours when your whole Company has done nothing in 4 years!!! Doesn't anyone work over there???

MichelleK63
3 Posts
Cover User

This idea was flagged in 2014 & has been under consideration since with all aggreeing it is an important issue & with sigle touch payroll coming in it is going to becoe a much bigger issue could it please be looked at now 

konmanos
Trusted User
95 Posts
Trusted User

I heard that MYOB are struggling to keep up and therefore no-one is working on any issues - We are all been ignored on substandard s/ware. Similarly to another post who offered to send a developer in and FIX it - in a weekend (worst case scenario) - we are all being ignored. Time to look for other s/ware that take their customers seriously. This bit of s/ware and ineffieciency has cost me days of heart ache and money!!!

Vikkir
Partner
9 Posts
Partner

Have a couple of clients who invariably post it to the incorrect bank account for payment.  Even when reversed these still show up in the Manage Super area and are very annoying.

dittoomoo
Partner
21 Posts
Partner

Definitely a good idea.  Even if you could just right-click on it to archive or something.