Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Export to Excel: All fields set to be General

User

1Posts

9Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
User
Australia

In Account Right 19 we could export to excel and the format of the cells was "number".  Now that we have upgraded to Accountright 13, the format of the cells is "general" which means I cant do any sum/average etc functions unless I physically change each cell to "format as number".

I do a lot of exporting to Excel, and have been advised by tech support that I have to now export as a tab file then send to excel, but I will loose all of the nice MYOB formatting.

Are there any plans to change this?  It worked so well in V19 why cant it continue?

Thanks

"Exporting to Excel"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: November 2013

Thanks for the feedback. We have improved the export to Excel options in AccountRight 2013.4. We hope you like the changes we have made.

4 Comments
PPT
5 Posts
Cover User

had a bit of help with this - when exported to excel, click on the column, go to the data tab at the top and find text to columns in the data tools.  Click on this and then click finish.  you now have numbers

DBS
Contributing Cover User
16 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Also, it would be nice if the date always came across in Australian format instead of a mixture of both. Sometimes the obvious dates of 13th of the month onward are correct but dates that could go either way eg 1/6 go into US format.

And while I'm at it, defaulting to A4 size instead of letter would be brilliant - since we're in Australia and all. Smiley Happy

Mark_Smith
26 Posts
Former Staff
good news - this feature is under development and should come out in 2013.4. stay tuned.
JasonHill
5,899 Posts
Former Staff
Thanks for the feedback. We have improved the export to Excel options in AccountRight 2013.4. We hope you like the changes we have made.