Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Export to Excel: Cell formats of date, debit/credit amounts and other columns

Experienced User

22Posts

9Kudos

1Solutions

22 Posts
Experienced User
Australia
New
New

There is no excuse why MYOB reports cannot be exported to excel or any other programme format in the correct formats for that programme. Not just as text across all columns. In MYOB a date column will always be a date. In a debit, credit of balance columns the data will always be a $ value. In other columns there may be general numbers and finally text. It just poor programming to say you cant export in the correct formats. how hard is it to work that out. This is one of the biggest reasons why we are considering switching to Xero. Lift you game MYOB. About time a programmer came out to real world and see what happens at the "coal face"

"Exporting to Excel"

4 Comments
Nalang
5 Posts
User

I thoroughly agree with this request. It iis annoying that when you export a report to Excell  and then you try to to manipulate the data, you cannot as the exported mumeric data has been formatted as text. You then have to format the numbers yourself as numeric.There should be an option that allows you to determine how you want numbers exportred either as numeric or as formatted data. It is NOT rocket science to make these changes but as you say, programmers do need to appreciate what useers really want.

Michael Macleod

ASWatCR
Partner
243 Posts
Partner

Agree and have voted

coffeepapercups
Experienced Cover User
26 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Thanks Ken_M I thought it was just me and I try everything to convert and still nothing, I am trying to run a report I have to manually re-type every entry only way it will work.  If you have any work around tips please let me know.

Thanks

Caryn-ACES
Experienced Cover User
28 Posts
Experienced Cover User

So agree with this.  I am having no end of trouble with imports and exports because of this