Partner Zone

Share your ideas for improving the new AccountRight. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Forms: Ability to rearrange column order easily

Super Partner

326Posts

133Kudos

49Solutions

326 Posts
Super Partner
Australia

Hi, I have come across another bizarre customising forms operation. To be able to change/rearrange the order in which columns print in tables when customising forms. I read the support notes and It took half an hour to move one column, I got it to work but only because I gave up, saved the form then it just moved! I needed detailed instructions which one of the Myob community forumn moderators posted for me-see below. I am sure this is not the easiest or most logical way of doing this. To move a column you'll need to be in the customise forms screen, and then: 1. Select the table by left clicking on it.*. 2. Grab the column you want to move by clicking and holding down the left mouse button in the heading area. 3. Drag it to the left or right to reposition the column. *Importantly, do not choose Edit Table, or double click on the table so that you are editing the text in the columns. If you can type into the column headers, then choose the Table Layout button at the top of the columns screen, highlight and make sure Edit Table is not ticked. Or something like that - thanks again Will. Would it be easy to reprogram so that you could use the area where you show/hide columns to change or arrange their print order then? Thanks guys - know you must be very busy. Ta, Julia Berkhout

"Easier way to rearrange column order in tables when customising forms please vote if you agree"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: December 2013

Thank you for you post. I understand you would like an easier way to rearrange columns in the Customer forms window. We request others who would like this change to please vote and comment.

3 Comments
Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff
Thank you for you post. I understand you would like an easier way to rearrange columns in the Customer forms window. We request others who would like this change to please vote and comment.
Frost
4 Posts
User

I agree this needs to be made much simpler, it is way too time consuming especially if you have a lot of forms to modify.  I just migrated all of my forms from V19 to 2016 and everyone of them needs adjusting and re arranging of the columns.  Perhaps the columns could line up in the order you choose them?

Carmel_A
Partner
5 Posts
Partner

Thank you for this post as I just spent hours trying to get a discount column back in the right place for one client - your post was very helpful.  Must be an easier way.