Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Forms: Invoices - Ability to change the Invoice type field wording

Cover User

5Posts

81Kudos

0Solutions

5 Posts
Cover User
Australia

Many customers which are also suppliers of ours are not sure of the type of 'order' they are recieving. Is it a 'purchase order' or is it an 'order confirmation'? I know you can email and print using a different template but when it comes to saving to a disk so it can be attached to a reply email etc this becomes a problem for some who arnt as computer literate as others, having to print to pdf. The other problem is printing to pdf produces an amature result with columns and lines not 100% straight and in line with others. I didn't think MYOB would want this.

Using multiple templates in an organization also results in too many errors being made. I've seen quotes being sent on invoice templates etc because the default is set to this without manually being changed. Come on MYOB the simple things are letting this software down.

"Change predetermined text filed 'invoice type' on invoices, quotes, orders."

Current Status: Archived
Last Changed: October 2018

Thank you for the idea. Unfortunately, this request has had no support from the community since it was submitted, so we are moving this idea to the Archived status. For more information on Idea Statuses, please read this article: Changes to our Idea Exchange pages

2 Comments
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Horizon2

Thank you for your idea in regards to AccountRight and wording of the Invoice Type field.

Currently you can add in the field "Invoice Type" to your customise form. This will pull whether the invoice is an quote, order or invoice. This is pulled directly from the type of transaction it is in AccountRight. I would encourage other users that would like to see the Invoice Type field to pull additional options, such as order confirmation, to vote and comment if required for this particular idea.

A possible workaround that could be used, which have been mentioned, is to have a different customised form with the required label in a text box and then use that form when required.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for the idea. Unfortunately, this request has had no support from the community since it was submitted, so we are moving this idea to the Archived status. For more information on Idea Statuses, please read this article: Changes to our Idea Exchange pages