Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Forms: Invoices - Commercial invoice

Cover User

8Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

8 Posts
Cover User
Australia

Subject : Commercial Invoice
Description: I am requesting that MYOB add a Commercial Invoice Template - I have live chat with MYOB support and MYOB do not currently have a Commercial Invoice template - I am aware I can go and Customise an Invoice but there is a lot of detail required and it would be great to have a template to adjust to our requirements - I am unsure how other MYOB customers raise their Commercial Invoices without great difficulty. As MYOB support did not even know what a commercial invoice was, I will include some notes from Wikapedia to explain. A commercial invoice is a document used in foreign trade. It is used as a customs declaration provided by the person or corporation that is exporting an item across international borders.[1] [2] Although there is no standard format, the document must include a few specific pieces of information such as the parties involved in the shipping transaction, the goods being transported, the country of manufacture, and the Harmonized System codes for those goods. A commercial invoice must also include a statement certifying that the invoice is true, and a signature. A commercial invoice is used to calculate tariffs, international commercial terms (like the Cost in a CIF) and is commonly used for customs purposes. Commercial invoices are in European countries not normally for payment. The definitive invoice for payment usually has only the words "invoice". This invoice can also be used as a commercial invoice if additional information is disclosed.

"Commercial Invoice"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: December 2013

Thank you for your suggestion on this. To see the demand for this type of option to be added into the core program it would be great to see some votes from the community to show their support.

5 Comments
Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,850 Posts
Ultimate Partner

What version of AccountRight are you using? We may have a solution for v19.x, but not for the AR Live 2011-2013 versions.

Regards

Mike

DataWise Limited

MYOB Approved Partner & Developer, developers of:

DataWise ProActive Accounting, event-driven sales management system

DataWise Report Writer, for custom reporting, solutions for edi and forecasting for MYOB

Scallop
8 Posts
Cover User

Using Prem 19

Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,850 Posts
Ultimate Partner

We have a solution for export documentation in NZ provided as part of the DataWise report writer - please contact me directly to discuss it's applicability to Australian situation. (mike@datawise.co.nz).

Matthew_W
MYOB Staff
2,173 Posts
MYOB Staff
Thank you for your suggestion on this. To see the demand for this type of option to be added into the core program it would be great to see some votes from the community to show their support.
designerpave1
Experienced User
17 Posts
Experienced User

Have to manually process another invoice to use as a commercial invoice outside of MYOB is very frustrating