Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Forms: (Item) Invoices - Discounted unit price column

HOU
Cover User

5Posts

31Kudos

0Solutions

5 Posts
Cover User
Australia

Hi

I thought I would just write a post as I've searched all over to solve this problem and I assume that it can't be altered but thought I'd try the forum as a last try.

Basically we run AccountRight Premier V19.6. When printing an item invoice it has the unit price (lets say $10) and then the discount colum (let's say 20%) and then the total which is the extended price (so the total number of units x the unit price less the discount).

My question is is there any way to add a column on the printed invoice that has the unit price adjusted for the discount so if someone was buying 10 items at $10 with a 20% discount it would show the item price $10 less discount 20% is unit price $8 and then extended price $80, so that customers can see what the discounted unit price is.

Thanks

'Invoicing - showing discounts off unit price"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: September 2013

Thanks for the feedback. Sounds like a sensible idea -we'd love to know how many other businesses need this? Use the Vote button if you like this idea.

25 Comments
KMack
Contributing Cover User
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User

PLEASE can we have the ability to print the amount of discount on a customers invoice and total discount for the monrht on their statement.  It makes is difficult for us with customers who dont think they have a discount because they cant see the amount on the invoice or statement.

thanks,

Kathy

Aliceh
Experienced Cover User
30 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Has this feature been considered yet? It would seem a logical way to display a discounted item. 

JasonHill
5,899 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Aliceh Thanks for your feedback. Please add your vote to the idea as it helps our product development prioritise their work.

All the best,

Jason Hill
Community Manager

TCF
4 Posts
User

Hi Jason

I posted this same question on the community wall yesterday and received a reply from Steven_M (MYOB Moderator) today advising me to vote on this forum.

I have voted however the issue was originally raised in April 2012 which is 3 years ago. As others have commented above, the calculation is already performed and stored in the MYOB database and to the layman and to programmers I know it seems like a relatively simple fix.

This has been an issue for me for a while but I never knew the community existed and I suggest that most MYOB users don't know of it either so waiting for a significant number of votes is delaying an important update.

Can you please advise what action has been taken since it was moved to "Under consideration".

Thanks

David

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Hi David (@TCF),

Thank you for your feedback and for adding your vote to the idea. You are absolutely right, not all MYOB customers are aware of or use this Community Forum. We do believe it is a great resource for our customers and are working towards making its benefits known to other users.

Please be assured that when considering an Idea post, the number of votes is just one of the measures we use. Other things like impact it will have and the feasibility of implementing it also play an important part in our decision making process.

I have since passed on your feedback to our developers and will post an update as soon as I have more information.

Regards,

Suja Pillai

Social Support Manager

Ishoa87
6 Posts
Cover User

Hi,

Just hoping for an update on this feature. This is a feature that our business also requires. We have tried it previously in older versions of MYOB and have just tried again after installing the latest compliance updates. This is the first time I have found this community entry despite attempting to customise our forms with this feature several times in the past, so the point about the number of votes not reflecting the number of people requiring this feature is true. People have been asking for this for years - please implement it asap.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Ishoa87

Thank you for your feedback in regards to this idea. I have shared your thoughts with the team. 

We do understand that the number of votes cast on an idea on the AccountRight Idea's Exchange is only an estimate to the number of clients wanting this feature. The team do fact this into account when they investigate an idea. However in saying that I do encourage users that would like to see this feature included to vote and comment if required for this idea.

JByrn49
Experienced Cover User
12 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Definitely need a column to show unit price adjusted for discount.  AND a discount option in the subtotal in $ amount.  AND option for the total price less discount in the item invoices.  Give us a few options and help us communicate more clearly to our clients the discounts we are offering.  Many people want to see the discount quickly in $ figures not interested in %.

Ishoa87
6 Posts
Cover User

we have tried to add this feature into our invoice forms with every new update of myob and it is disappointing that it is still not implemented. I have been trying for years and have found many threads over the years asking for the same thing. This is something for which there is a clear need and I'm not sure it wasn't included in the first place. Please correct this oversight asap ... clearly under consideration on this placating exchange board doesn't mean much as the last update from myob was over a year ago.

cyclic412
Contributing Cover User
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I cannot believe you cannot insert this basic and very obvious field requirement! Words fail me.

This issue has been around for YEARS as a request by users, clearly no one at MYOB monitors these forums.

Has any one got a work around?