Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Forms: Pay slip - Change order of categories

Experienced User

33Posts

29Kudos

1Solutions

33 Posts
Experienced User
Australia

Would be great to be able to manipulate the order in which payroll categories show on payslips. 

Smiley Very Happy

"PAYSLIPS"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: June 2015

Thank you for the great suggestion @TheBodhiBus

We would love to hear from everyone else in regards to this idea, I would encourage any interested users to cast your vote and comment below if required. 

16 Comments
Sovaka
3 Posts
Cover User

Design and Layout

One thing that I have found severely limiting in the customization aspect of the Payroll slips is the complete lack of control over the information.

Sure I can put in a table with all the information that gets reported to the payslip.

But I have no control over which elements are reported first or have greater priority over another.

I would like to have this ability...

For example; The table contents is listed alphabetically... Which makes reading a payslip difficult if you have customized the names of the salaries/wages.

Then on top of that, I would prefer to have certain entitlements to be displayed before another, and obviously at the moment, the only way to do that is to name it alphabetically before the others.

What I would prefer and I am sure others would as well... Is be given a complete toolset to add what ever information MYOB uses, allowable to be displayed. Currently the 'Fields' that can be used, is only 1/2 of what someone may want to display on a Payslip.

For example, Leave Accrual to be listed separately on the Payslip under a different layout and format.

When editing the Payroll Layout, you do have the options for adding certain elements to be displayed.

One element which should be a prominent item; "Address", cannot be added this way, but through a copy and paste from a separate Invoice layout.

Additionally, the layout mechanism is bulky and quite unresponsive.

Is there a reason for the grid when you have no ability to "snap" elements to grid points, or any manual control over element sizes outside of the 'drag & resize' points?
I am aware the main element when being moved does snap, but not the resizing.

And by manual control, I'd like some kind of properties box that I can edit that will state the element is 50px W x 10px H et c

Some of the controls need to be added to the RMC interface instead of just via main UI toolbar only.

For example; Element control for setting it's "height" position over another object (Send to Back, Bring to Front) et c

The only other thing I would like to see added is some greater control over the font display.

For example; Compared to MS Word's 'All Caps' et c

.: ETA :.

Oh forgot a pretty big one... Why allow PNG's when your application can't render them properly?

Definitely need to keep the Transparency support, but needs to be fixed.

Payroll Functionality

One thing I would have like to add to my payroll was a custom calculation based on some custom fields added to Employee Cards.

For example, in my company, I will be rewarded employees that stay with the company longer and those with greater experience.

So I would make two custom fields in the Employee Card... One for 'Time with Company', the other 'Years Experience'.

From these two fields, I would like to give them a % bonus per payslip based on their base salary/wage.

So for Entitlements, I would like to have some kind of ability where we can enter our own math equations based on Employee stats that have been recorded or set.

KellyB2014
Experienced Cover User
17 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I would like to see payroll categories grouped then printed alphabetically eg all wage categories printed in alphbetical order, then all taxes, entitlements etc printed in alphabetical order. At the moment I have 

Base Hourly

Standard Fares

Standard Travel

Base Hourly 1

Base Hourly 2

I would like it to read

Base Hourly

Base Hourly 1

Base Hourly 2

Standard Fares

Standard Travel

"printed in categories alphabetically"

Rubbish
Contributing Cover User
21 Posts
Contributing Cover User

MYOB has issues and lots of them. I would try re-wording them with an alpha code at the start.

AA base 1

AA base2

AA base 3 

this might trick the software into putting them in the right orde, it worked in version 19 

KellyB2014
Experienced Cover User
17 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hmmmm - has to be a better system as that starts to look messy and AA does not relate to the paycode. Would be good if MYOB just fixed this glitch.

KellyB2014
Experienced Cover User
17 Posts
Experienced Cover User

i REALLY NEED THIS URGENTLY - please

David_Cree
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hello Kelly,

I do not understand why you see them in this order -

Base Hourly

Standard Fares

Standard Travel

Base Hourly 1

Base Hourly 2

The payroll categories do sort in alpha order so the

Standard Fares

Standard Travel

should not appear before the other 2 Base Hourlies.

Check that you do not have some other characters like a space before the Standard names or Other base hourlies.

Rather than the suggested AA prefixes put a full stop before the 3 base categories. This will ensure that they are at the top. This will be a bit neater.

Cheers

david

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for the post, @KellyB2014. I understand the inability to sort the order of the Payroll Categories is frustrating for you and other users. Unfortunately there is no option to manually change the order in which these are printed. They currently print in random order. This request has been passed on to our developers and we hope to have it changed in a future update. We request others affected by this to please vote and add comments. 

JMcK_PP1
3 Posts
Cover User

Every single employee entry is different in our two MYOB files.  With 50 employees to pay in each company file, this is very frustrating.  Alphabetical would be great to start with - then we can start each category with a number, and force it to be in the order we want.  Ideally, manually adjusting the order would be best

KattC
790 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for all your comments @JMcK_PP1  We are hoping to have this changed in a future update. Any other clients that would like this changed please keep voting and adding comments.

CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for the great suggestion @TheBodhiBus

We would love to hear from everyone else in regards to this idea, I would encourage any interested users to cast your vote and comment below if required.