Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Forms: (Professional) Invoices - hide zero (0.00) values on line with just date

Experienced Partner

41Posts

13Kudos

0Solutions

41 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia

Traditionally (ie Classic and AE) it has been possible to print lines with Dates and descriptions with zero values and no amount is dislayed; merely a blank field. Now in AR2018 all zero values print as $0.00.

So where a proressional layout may have numerous lines reflecting varying dates and descriptions and a single total at the bottom now each date line is showing the $0.00. It looks anything but Professional!

Surely we can have an option to suppress printing zero values!

"Suppressing zero values on Professional Invoice layout lines!"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: August 2018

Thank you for your idea. Our team has reviewed the idea and has ensured it meets our idea submission criteria. For more information on idea submission criteria, please read this article: Changes to our Idea Exchange pages

4 Comments
SharonPerth
Trusted Cover User
35 Posts
Trusted Cover User

I 100% agree. I've just spent hours adding headers to every line of all of my recurring Invoices - to avoid this exact same thing.

Shortcut is CNTL+SHIFT+R if you need a current work around - it inserts the equivalent of a note line, and no account number of $0.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for your idea. Our team has reviewed the idea and has ensured it meets our idea submission criteria. For more information on idea submission criteria, please read this article: Changes to our Idea Exchange pages

Will_SolnX
Super Partner
763 Posts
Super Partner

Agreed, I just had to help someone with this a fortnight ago.  Almost went crazy before I remembered how to do the Add note lines trick.
(Can it be more obvious that there's a hidden right click add note lines option as well as having an optional "Suppress 0 value lines on professional invoices" option?)

colh
Partner
1 Post
Partner

I totally agree, looks very unprofessional.