Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Forms: Remittance Advice - List credits line by line

Cover User

2Posts

98Kudos

0Solutions

2 Posts
Cover User
Australia

I am new to MYOB, but very unhappy with how the software deals with credit notes on remittance advices.

When we pay Suppliers ( 100+ per month) we always have a mix of invoices to pay and credits to take. 

Whilst the system will take up the credits the Supplier is not getting the breakdown on the remit advice.

The remit advice needs to show invoices line by line and ALSO credits line by line. That way the Supplier knows exactly what the total amount represents. I have discussed this issue with 2 Live Chat consultants and both have no solutions, one even suggests to "hand write" the information. The remit is supposed to be emailed so that option is not professional enough for such a well known system. My previous software package of 20 years handled this simple accounting task perfectly. Keen for feedback and also a software enhancement quickly.

Given credit and invoices are entered the same way except with a negative value I am surprised this issue has not been resolved by other retailers paying suppliers years ago!

"Supplier Remittance Advice needs to list credits line by line!'

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: September 2013

Hi Nashy, thank you for your feedback. Additional options for your remittance advice details are something that we are looking into to be added into a future update, it is not currently in production so I cannot offer an expected time frame on this. Kind Regards, Matthew - MYOB Client Support

76 Comments
Hettie
Experienced Cover User
50 Posts
Experienced Cover User

All credit notes do not relate directly to a previous invoice, and can thus not always be applied to an invoice - but the amount deducted from a payment for such credit note should be displayed on the Remittance Advice.

jenni
Experienced Cover User
78 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I have the same issue and would love the Remittance Advice to list all credits so the supplier knows exactly what I am paying.

reo
1 Post
User

2 years since the first request and I guess its still 'under consideration'?  I have just taken over the supervision of the accounts department that has been running MYOB for 10+ years and I can't believe they are still putting up with this sort of issue.  Accounting 101 guys;  the supplier needs to know what the customer is paying for!  Please let me know when this will be fixed.

Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for your feedback reo. I understand that not having this feature is frustrating for you. We receive a large number of change requests and unfortunately can't implement them all in each update. When producing software updates we prioritise changes based on a number of factors including how popular the requeust is. We are committed to improving our software in line with the feedback we've received.

OzTara
Experienced Cover User
42 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Totally agree.

On a remittance advice we should be able to 1. list/ show the credit notes applied to an invoice and 2. list a credit note being taken up (thereby reducing the payment being made) without being forced to allocate that credit note to an invoice that is not relevant (IE the invoice it relates to has been paid in full or the credit simply does not apply to an actual invoice). This should also show the credit note as 'closed', like any other invoice is, when it is included in a payment.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @OzTara

Thank you for voting and providing your feedback in regards to this idea. I have passed on comments relating to this idea to the relevant team on your behalf.

BronwynHamster
Trusted Cover User
196 Posts
Trusted Cover User

It would be terrific if we could show Supplier credit notes as separate items when remitting to a supplier. Credit notes don't always apply directly to an outstanding invoice, yet we deduct them when settling the account.

snowbie2
Contributing Cover User
13 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I ditto the above request. I can't believe this basic feature still hasn't been implemented.

With so many suppliers having set days of the month when all invoices are due, and having to pay 20+  invoices per supplier, having to manually type an email to the supplier to explain how the credits have been applied is ridiculous.

Just another reason in a growing list to move to a different accounting package.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @snowbie2

Thank you for your comments and voting for this idea, I have shared your thoughts with the team.

OzTara
Experienced Cover User
42 Posts
Experienced Cover User

YES YES YES YES YES I have mentioned this several times!

MYOB is SO BAD at this!!!

A remittance should show what credits are being taken up.

MYOB forces us to apply a credit, when in many cases it simply needs to be taken up - not applied to any random invoice. IE in a situation where a supplier invoice has already been paid, then a credit issued (say for a faulty item) but we are forced to apply it to a TOTALLY IRRELEVANT INVOICE to take up the credit which totally confuses the supplier because it is applied to the wrong invoice on the remittance!!!!!

It is also very confusing when you are looking at the invoice that should have received a credit but that credit is applied to a different invoice.

THIS REALLY NEEDS TO BE FIXED AND IS A SIMPLE ACCOUNTING FEATURE THAT MYOB MESSES UP!