Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Forms: Remittance Advice - List credits line by line

Cover User

2Posts

98Kudos

0Solutions

2 Posts
Cover User
Australia

I am new to MYOB, but very unhappy with how the software deals with credit notes on remittance advices.

When we pay Suppliers ( 100+ per month) we always have a mix of invoices to pay and credits to take. 

Whilst the system will take up the credits the Supplier is not getting the breakdown on the remit advice.

The remit advice needs to show invoices line by line and ALSO credits line by line. That way the Supplier knows exactly what the total amount represents. I have discussed this issue with 2 Live Chat consultants and both have no solutions, one even suggests to "hand write" the information. The remit is supposed to be emailed so that option is not professional enough for such a well known system. My previous software package of 20 years handled this simple accounting task perfectly. Keen for feedback and also a software enhancement quickly.

Given credit and invoices are entered the same way except with a negative value I am surprised this issue has not been resolved by other retailers paying suppliers years ago!

"Supplier Remittance Advice needs to list credits line by line!'

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: September 2013

Hi Nashy, thank you for your feedback. Additional options for your remittance advice details are something that we are looking into to be added into a future update, it is not currently in production so I cannot offer an expected time frame on this. Kind Regards, Matthew - MYOB Client Support

76 Comments
AndreaR
1 Post
Cover User

I totally agree with all previous comments, I also find it totally unbelievable that such a basic function as this is not YET available in MYOB.

I have one creditor that gets so annoyed AT ME because the remittance advice does not show the credit notes applied against the purchases.

Come on MYOB sort it out please.

Gose36
8 Posts
Cover User

Hi MYOB,

This is now about the 7th or 8th time I have brought this up over the last 6 years and still nothing. I am now in a position where I am being asked to recommend accouting packages and this is a major issue for my retail clients which is bringing MYOB to the bottom of recommendations.

Given the lengthy timeline on this request I think it is only fair to ask if you have any intention of ever fixing this. I think 6 years is more than enough time to have this as a consideration.

If you are not going to fix it then fair enough but at least we know where we stand and can move on. 

I can stop wasting my time asking the same thing again and again and you can stop wasting your time with another non specific response.

FYI we are now taking on board more clients but this issue increases our staff costs considerably as all remittances must be done as a separate job on excel prior to payments. We are now having to take this into account when quoting the cost of using MYOB to our clients for supplier payments and needless to say we are being asked to look at other providers.

I look forward to hearing from you.

kimk
4 Posts
Cover User

I cant believe it is taking this long for what is seemingly a simple feature. We apply numerous credits to various purchases and these are not shown on the remittance going out to our suppliers.

I love that we can email remittances direct based on the payment it is however unfortunate that credits are left off so that suppliers are able to see the full picture. 

The fact that this has been on here as a request for so long and that a number of people are experiencing the same problem should prompt some investigation.

PLease please please can we have a resolution to this problem

call23
Experienced Cover User
16 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Agree to all the message above. Hopefully it will be resolved soon.

Gose36
8 Posts
Cover User

Again no replies from the MYOB team. I have now started using Xero and have been transferring clients across as clearly they are not interested in fixing this issue.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Gose36

Thank you for your feedback and voting for this particular idea.

Currently this idea has been marked as Under Consideration by the product development team. At this stage we don't have an exact time frame for when this particular idea will be marked as In Development and Implemented into the program. In saying that we are still encouraging users that would like to see this particular idea included in possible updates to vote and comment if required for this idea.

Along with that I have shared your feedback with the team.

Gose36
8 Posts
Cover User

Hi Steven

Thank you for your reply but as I stated this issue has already being going on for over 6 years. One of the reasons the idea may not come to the top of the list on votes is because it has appeared under various headings over this time. I remember seeing it under several headings myself when I looked for the best posting to comment on and in fact I have not been able to find my original requests.

I also made several phone calls to the MYOB Tech team about this issue over the years and was told it was being looked into and I am also aware of several other organisation that have contacted about this.

Anyway its up to you as to whether you bother fixing it. If and when you do, let me know, however it may be too late by this time as clients will have already migrated to Xero and it will be to difficult to move them back.

Regards

Gose 36

Gose36
8 Posts
Cover User

has this been fixed yet?

@Nashy wrote:

I am new to MYOB, but very unhappy with how the software deals with credit notes on remittance advices.

When we pay Suppliers ( 100+ per month) we always have a mix of invoices to pay and credits to take. 

Whilst the system will take up the credits the Supplier is not getting the breakdown on the remit advice.

The remit advice needs to show invoices line by line and ALSO credits line by line. That way the Supplier knows exactly what the total amount represents. I have discussed this issue with 2 Live Chat consultants and both have no solutions, one even suggests to "hand write" the information. The remit is supposed to be emailed so that option is not professional enough for such a well known system. My previous software package of 20 years handled this simple accounting task perfectly. Keen for feedback and also a software enhancement quickly.

Given credit and invoices are entered the same way except with a negative value I am surprised this issue has not been resolved by other retailers paying suppliers years ago!

Vincemaiorana
1 Post
Cover User

Yes this as an added feature would be great!

Surfside
1 Post
Cover User

Credit Notes should not have to be allocated against Invoices & be visible as a seperate entry on the remittance