Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Forms: Remittance Advice - List credits line by line

Cover User

2Posts

98Kudos

0Solutions

2 Posts
Cover User
Australia

I am new to MYOB, but very unhappy with how the software deals with credit notes on remittance advices.

When we pay Suppliers ( 100+ per month) we always have a mix of invoices to pay and credits to take. 

Whilst the system will take up the credits the Supplier is not getting the breakdown on the remit advice.

The remit advice needs to show invoices line by line and ALSO credits line by line. That way the Supplier knows exactly what the total amount represents. I have discussed this issue with 2 Live Chat consultants and both have no solutions, one even suggests to "hand write" the information. The remit is supposed to be emailed so that option is not professional enough for such a well known system. My previous software package of 20 years handled this simple accounting task perfectly. Keen for feedback and also a software enhancement quickly.

Given credit and invoices are entered the same way except with a negative value I am surprised this issue has not been resolved by other retailers paying suppliers years ago!

"Supplier Remittance Advice needs to list credits line by line!'

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: September 2013

Hi Nashy, thank you for your feedback. Additional options for your remittance advice details are something that we are looking into to be added into a future update, it is not currently in production so I cannot offer an expected time frame on this. Kind Regards, Matthew - MYOB Client Support

76 Comments
alisha
1 Post
Cover User

This is a basic function that should have always been included in MYOB from the beginning. The fact it still is not after many people requesting a change is frustrating. Worst there is no other solution available.

HenryMilanovic
Contributing User
10 Posts
Contributing User
I am a long time user and every year I ask why we cannot have the system list Credit notes as part of the list of payments in the remittances. That way the communication with suppliers is clear. Every update nothing happens. Cannot be hard to do, most other software can manage it. Talking to support makes no difference.
Sppokle
Experienced Cover User
23 Posts
Experienced Cover User

HI

The Supplier remittance advice query has been open for 6 years and I was wondering at what point it becomes a feature in MYOB. 

@Nashy wrote:

I am new to MYOB, but very unhappy with how the software deals with credit notes on remittance advices.

When we pay Suppliers ( 100+ per month) we always have a mix of invoices to pay and credits to take. 

Whilst the system will take up the credits the Supplier is not getting the breakdown on the remit advice.

The remit advice needs to show invoices line by line and ALSO credits line by line. That way the Supplier knows exactly what the total amount represents. I have discussed this issue with 2 Live Chat consultants and both have no solutions, one even suggests to "hand write" the information. The remit is supposed to be emailed so that option is not professional enough for such a well known system. My previous software package of 20 years handled this simple accounting task perfectly. Keen for feedback and also a software enhancement quickly.

Given credit and invoices are entered the same way except with a negative value I am surprised this issue has not been resolved by other retailers paying suppliers years ago!

"Supplier Remittance Advice needs to list credits line by line!'

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: September 2013

Hi Nashy, thank you for your feedback. Additional options for your remittance advice details are something that we are looking into to be added into a future update, it is not currently in production so I cannot offer an expected time frame on this. Kind Regards, Matthew - MYOB Client Support

Sharon050763
4 Posts
Cover User

Totally agree

Ultimate1
1 Post
User

Hi,  do we have any more feedback regarding showing credit notes on our customer remittances?  

Sharon050763
4 Posts
Cover User

I would also like to know if there is any more feedback regarding showing credit notes on our supplier remittances?

Gose36
8 Posts
Cover User

Hi All,

Can I just say that I have been asking for this feature for the last 10 years. MYOB clearly have no intention of ever fixing it and it woudl have been better if that had acknowledged rather than wasting everyones time. In the end I moved all my business accounts over to Xero.

Transprod
1 Post
User

It would be great to see a breakdown on the remittance if a credit is being used against an invoice. Also, if a credit cancels out an invoice, there is no remittance at all to send to the customer so this would also be great to see.

DOVENQ
7 Posts
User

We changed to MYOB 12 months ago - im very disappointed that MYOB remittances to not show credits being taken up - we have numerous suppliers with large amounts of bills and credits every month, there is no way for them to identify which credit has been taken up.  After going on this forum i found an identical comment dated 2013 and here we are in 2020 and the problem has still not been resolved.  We were with QB/Reckon for 20 years who have exceptional reporting functions but unfortuneately did not transition well on to the cloud, we were then having to look for another program and eventually settled on MYOB which also has numerous useful functions, however the issue with remittances is seriously disappointing.  There does not even seem to be a seperate report we can run in place of a remittance.  With one of our main suppliers it is not unusual for us to have 4-5 pages of remittance so it is not possible to do up a manual report for them.  It surely can not be this complicated a function for MYOB to implement!!

Sppokle
Experienced Cover User
23 Posts
Experienced Cover User

IT seems the MYOB does not have a dashboard where time frames would be visible for the length it has taken to decide on the changes required. So the way I see it is that if two or more people have the same requirement but choose a different heading the and not enough people are aware that there is another request then voting is low for that idea change and it will not transpire as we can see by the current request for credit note to appear on the remittance advice.