Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Forms: Remittance Advice - List credits line by line

Cover User

2Posts

98Kudos

0Solutions

2 Posts
Cover User
Australia

I am new to MYOB, but very unhappy with how the software deals with credit notes on remittance advices.

When we pay Suppliers ( 100+ per month) we always have a mix of invoices to pay and credits to take. 

Whilst the system will take up the credits the Supplier is not getting the breakdown on the remit advice.

The remit advice needs to show invoices line by line and ALSO credits line by line. That way the Supplier knows exactly what the total amount represents. I have discussed this issue with 2 Live Chat consultants and both have no solutions, one even suggests to "hand write" the information. The remit is supposed to be emailed so that option is not professional enough for such a well known system. My previous software package of 20 years handled this simple accounting task perfectly. Keen for feedback and also a software enhancement quickly.

Given credit and invoices are entered the same way except with a negative value I am surprised this issue has not been resolved by other retailers paying suppliers years ago!

"Supplier Remittance Advice needs to list credits line by line!'

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: September 2013

Hi Nashy, thank you for your feedback. Additional options for your remittance advice details are something that we are looking into to be added into a future update, it is not currently in production so I cannot offer an expected time frame on this. Kind Regards, Matthew - MYOB Client Support

76 Comments
ARPDiane
1 Post
Cover User

I also need to show credit note numbers or rebates on the remittance advice.  I often have rebates which don't actually relate to a particular invoice and get queries from the supplier what the debit amount relates to.  Is there a way we could customise the remittance advice form to include a column for credit note numbers.

LozzaGray
4 Posts
Cover User

Supplier Remittance Advice needs to list credits line by line!'

Has there been any update on this query. It is from 2013 and MYOB still does not list the credit notes on remittances. 

Thanks.

BunburyFarmer
5 Posts
Cover User

Yes please. The ablility for Debit details to show on remittances sent to suppliers would be very helpful.

Chevron
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I am curious if there is still no resolution to this?  We desperately need this function to be added and I can't believe that is not available already.  As a fairly new subscriber to MYOB, I am at a loss as to why this would not already be a function as it is "standard" on every other accounting program that I have ever used.

Karen_HE
Experienced Cover User
11 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Please show when credits have been applied on Customers Remittance Advice.

bissells
2 Posts
Cover User

I completely agree.

This is a feature we had on our very basic accounting software, Its very frustrating to have to handwrite each credit note taken up. A remittance to our suppliers should be set out like a statement, listing all invoice and all credits on their own line adding up to the total figure at the bottom of what you are actually paying. Having debit memos showed up as a lump some of "previous payments" is very confusing to suppliers giving the idea we have made other "payments"rather than taking up credits. Its also frustrating not showing bills that month that have been cleared by credits so it doesnt appear on the remittance at all.

It would be nice to have credit and invoices all seen on the same screen rather than have the pop up of debit memos and having to apply them to invoices. On our old system we had debits listed with tick boxes next to them and invoices below with tick boxes. You would just tick the ones you are using/paying that month and it would adjust your ämount payaing"tally. Much nicer than having to actually apply to and invoice. 

I really wish this would get updated as its crazy all the extra work needed

bli321
5 Posts
Cover User

This has been open for almost 5 years.

is MYOB going to implement this?

OzTara
Experienced Cover User
42 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Smiley Mad

Absolutely ridiculous that this has not yet been fixed MYOB!!!!!

A simple accounting task that MYOB has always handled poorly and we asked for it to be fixed YEARS AGO.

It would be a great idea for you to actually listen to your users about what is wrong with this program instead of wasting our time and money on new features that we don't want.

BASIC STUFF REALLY. LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMERS AND JUST FIX IT.

Chevron
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Agree with OzTara.  This is such a simple accounting task that every single other accounting program I have used has handled it so much better than MYOB.  I can't imagine that any user would have a problem with this change and thousands would welcome it if implemented.  Why has MYOB never done anything about this issue??

KT_B
3 Posts
Cover User

Wow, this is EXACTLY the same issue I have and I cannot believe that it's been almost 6 years since this was posted and MYOB has STILL not provided a solution to its customers! We manage hundreds of credits per month on our suppliers accounts and our accounts are constantly in dissaray as they have no idea the breakdown of what credits we are allocating to what! Such a simple necessity in accounting. Call the 'help' line and wait on hold for an hour only to be told nothing exists. Will be finding another accounting program - pronto!