Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Forms: Save customise form shortcut ( CTRL + S)

Trusted Cover User

35Posts

62Kudos

3Solutions

35 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia

I've only just upgraded to AccountRight 2014.4 from Plus19.10... 

It's very frustrating that when you are customising forms... 

A few suggestions: 

- Enable keyboard shortcuts like CNTL S (save)

- Enable keyboard shortcuts like CNTL Z (undo)

Also... too many dialog boxes when you save... 

After manually saving the form, you get a dialog box telling you the file's save which is only cleared by clicking OK with the mouse. - could the save icon be greyed out instead, or a brief message that auto disappears be displayed for a couple of seconds instead.

The biggest frustration though is that when you try to exit the form after you've just saved it you get a dialog box asking if you want to save... surely the software can check if changes have been made and if none don't show the message?

THANK YOU!

"Customising Forms - saving / dialog boxes"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: January 2015

Thanks for your suggestion @SharonPerth. Keyboard shortcuts are already enabled. You can see the available shortcuts by pressing the ALT key on your keyboard. To save hold down ALT and press 1. To undo, hold down ALT and press I, then press Z.

I can certainly see how removing the additional dialog box when saving forms, or detecting if the form has been saved before closing would be helpful when customising forms. Could anyone else who would like to see this change, please cast their vote here.

5 Comments
Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

Thanks for your suggestion @SharonPerth. Keyboard shortcuts are already enabled. You can see the available shortcuts by pressing the ALT key on your keyboard. To save hold down ALT and press 1. To undo, hold down ALT and press I, then press Z.

I can certainly see how removing the additional dialog box when saving forms, or detecting if the form has been saved before closing would be helpful when customising forms. Could anyone else who would like to see this change, please cast their vote here.

MOBS
Experienced Partner
50 Posts
Experienced Partner

I find customising forms in the current version still pretty tedious and time consuming, however I think it could be a little easier if the number of times you have to press YES to saving the forms could be reduced! How many times do we need to press YES??!  I find customising a form ONLINE is so slow; I've just resorted to taking my file off-line to customise. I've stopped the Auto Sync but that didn't make much differecne at all. 

CloudMindAcc
Ultimate Partner
1,949 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hi MOBS

Yes I find the SAVE button rather annoying.  Also a little annoying when you want to insert a new field and it goes all the way to the top of the pageSmiley Sad

However I find customizing the forms a lot easier in this version by using the Tables.   In fact I don't bother trying to bring in old forms for V19 when upgrading I find it faster to just create a new one.  

Note sure if this support note will be of any help?

http://help.myob.com/wiki/display/ar/Personalising+forms  

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @MOBS

Thank you for your feedback in regards to AccountRight and customising forms. I've merged your idea with this one already included on the AccountRight Idea Exchange.

G_I
Experienced Partner
42 Posts
Experienced Partner

I vote for this, however I also think the whole 'custom forms' feature needs an overhaul. See my post here: http://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Idea-Exchange/Better-Custom-Forms/idi-p/421918