Partner Zone

Share your ideas for improving the new AccountRight. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Forms: Set default form via Customise Form window

Experienced Cover User

39Posts

378Kudos

0Solutions

39 Posts
Experienced Cover User
New Zealand

We are continually asked how to make a particular invoice the default one.  It would make sense to have a default button somewhere in the customise form screen to be able to select one of the list as the default form.

"Default invoice layout"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: September 2013

Sounds like a great idea. It would certainly make it simpler for customers to set default forms. If others would like this added to the AccountRight software, please do vote and add any relevant comments.

4 Comments
Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff
Sounds like a great idea. It would certainly make it simpler for customers to set default forms. If others would like this added to the AccountRight software, please do vote and add any relevant comments.
ASWatCR
Partner
243 Posts
Partner

This is a great idea - I have put my vote in.

25left
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Due to limitations of time billing invoice forms, we need to prepare invoices of different types (item & time billed) for the various clients. So setting the default invoice layout at the individual customer card isn't sufficient. We have customised our invoice forms & aren't interested in using MYOB's own standard forms, but we can't 'delete' them & they are programmatically set to be the default form for every layout.

Ideally, somewhere in the system settings we should be able to select our default forms for each invoice layout.

scfsh
Experienced Cover User
72 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I do remember a set as default option to select in Advanced Filters of print/email invoices but for some reason that would never work for me and it ALWAYS went back to the MYOB form as default whever I automatically pritnted something. 

Maybe allowing a set as default button in the customising forms window itself so we have the ability to clearly see which form is selected as the default for each layout.

This would make the process of sending invoices much easier, as I have often found myself selecting the form I want to use a couple times just because I don't trust that it's the one about to be printed.

Snapshot of idea attached.

2014-09-22_12-04-21.jpg