Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Forms: Statements - Terms field

Cover User

4Posts

49Kudos

0Solutions

4 Posts
Cover User

If customers were reminded of their trading terms, it would perhaps reduce the number of overdue accounts.

Can Trading Terms be an available field to add to customer statements?

Thank You

"Customer Terms on Statements"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: October 2012

Thank you for the suggestion. Be sure to vote for this idea if you are interested in this feature.

17 Comments
Sally-ann
Trusted Partner
58 Posts
Trusted Partner

Cedar West

there are a couple of methods of dealing with this.

1. If all your customers are on the same terms simply add a text field to the statement using the cusomise feature.

2. If they are on varying terms then you can make use of other fields in the card file that can be added to the statement Customer abn branch. Essentially by using a combination of Text fields such as

"YOUR TRADING TERMS ARE " then a data field such as the abn branch you can achieve this on the statement.

You can export out the customer cards and import them back in with the terms copied into the field of choice. ( a Certified consultant can help with this) if you attempt yourself make sure you back up first before importing.

regards

CedarWest
4 Posts
Cover User

Thanks for the help... While your solution would work (and I have used this method for other data insertions), it seems more of a workaround than opposed to an actual solution. Is it really difficult to enable the Trading terms field to be inserted directly?

Nicole_Brand
233 Posts
Former Staff
Thank you for the suggestion. Be sure to vote for this idea if you are interested in this feature.
Rosiel
8 Posts
Cover User

Need customer's statements to show their Terms and credit limits.

LukeCaldwell
4 Posts
Cover User

Yes that would be a great advantage especially when you have customers on different payment term

ASWatCR
Partner
243 Posts
Partner

I agree and have voted for it.

Julie_B
Trusted User
230 Posts
Trusted User

That would be a nice addition - except I'm presuming that some invoices (to the same client) may have different terms, eg. I have one client who ordered a lot of product last week, his terms are usually 7 days or COD, but in this instance it was a 30 day invoice - so that wouldn't show on the statement, only the default terms that are on the customer card.

Rajdevk
Partner
4 Posts
Partner

Try using add-on such as www.ezycollect.com.au  - this add-on allows an email statement - which identifies all "overdue" invoices - based on payment terms of the individual invoices.

DSeals
Experienced Cover User
39 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Last week I posted the same enquiry - surely this is an easy fix MYOB?  Just making that field available in Customise Forms and we can handle it from there.

Any updates please???  The post above is from 2012.

Northfleet_FC
Experienced User
18 Posts
Experienced User

This is an absolute no brainer suggestion.  Hoping it is implemented in a future release.