Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Get Statement: Ability to save process and return/continue at later stage

Experienced Cover User

19Posts

9Kudos

0Solutions

19 Posts
Experienced Cover User
New Zealand

I've also loaded this as a general new topic of the community forum as I'm both interested in other users feedback and want the developers to be aware that this feature of MYOB is severely lacking some basic modern functionality.

I've got a couple of questions around this feature in Accountright 2015.2

As background, we're new to MYOB, from a much older system where bank feeds or importing data was not possible (a much overdue grand!) so the advanced bank feed feature in MYOB were very anticipated, and we love these for our transactional accounts.

However, two of our credit cards are not able to be used/applied for bank feeds, as has been advised by the phone support team.  We were advised that importing the statements is a simple and easy process for these un-compatable accounts, and that once imported will be similar to the bank feeds option.

First question - is it likely that feeds will be available in the future? ie are MYOB working to increase the banks and credit card's which are able to be used/applied for bank feeds?

These further questions are more related to the huge let-down on MYOB's capacity of the 'Reconciliing Accounts' function withing MYOB.  And I would really appreciate comments/suggestions/(solutions?!)   This feature seems so archaic compared to the features that the bank feeds feature enables you to do.

Essentially because of the below, the ability to import or 'get' the downloaded transactions from internet banking seems to have very little benefit, as for many transactions the full manual details have to be manually entered....

For example

- there is no ability to import the statement, for it to be saved as transactions to be matched a couple at a time (as the bank feeds function allows).  Instead, the full statement must be matched & recorded to save transactions that had to be manually matched.  This has the largest impact for our business, and although both are important, would be hugely more beneficial to us, greater than then below.

- there is no pre-loaded information such as bank account, date or amount when you choose to enter transactions from the unmatched transactions screen

I've also loaded this into the 'new ideas' section of the community forum as I'm both interested in other users feedback and want the developers to be aware that this feature of MYOB is severely lacking some basic current functionality.

"Reconciling (bank) account feature"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: February 2023

Hi Everyone

Using the Import Statement function in the AccountRight Browser interface will import the transactions into the Bank transactions window. Once that import has been completed, those transactions will be listed in that window even if you go to another window and come back.

2 Comments
SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff

It would be good to be able to save your reconcilation when doing via imported statement and come back to it. 

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

Using the Import Statement function in the AccountRight Browser interface will import the transactions into the Bank transactions window. Once that import has been completed, those transactions will be listed in that window even if you go to another window and come back.