Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Get Statement: Import into Bank Feeds window

Experienced Partner

125Posts

281Kudos

0Solutions

125 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia

Hi Team

When setting up new account right files there is often a gap before the Bank Feeds are operating.

It would be great if in Account Right we could import bank statements in the way it is done in Essentials rather than through the old system of Get Statements in the Bank Register.

The increased funtionality and the consistency would be great when setting up for clients, rather than having to explain a whole different system only used in the set up phase.

Also where there is common functionality between Essentials and Account Right the more consistency of operation would be a great feature

Thanks

'Import Bank Statements to Bank Feed window rather than Bank Register"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: February 2023

Hi Everyone

Using the Import Statement function in the AccountRight Browser interface will import the transactions into the Bank transactions window allowing you to use bank feed rules and other banking functions.

4 Comments
CloudMindAcc
Ultimate Partner
1,949 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hi Geoff_Colwill,

I would disagree with importing the bank feeds it causes users much more grief if clients try and do this themselves.   I have never had any problems with bank feeds skipping etc and I can 100% trust the bank feeds in MYOB AR Live everytime.  I have seen some situations in other software where this is not the case (normally due to an import gone wrong)

I normally complete the bank reconciliation manually up to the date the bank feeds come in and from there start training the client on how to use bank feeds.

OR 

If the client has already entered transactions past the date the bank feeds started, I balance up to the date the client has processed transactions "the old way" and then go into the bank feeds and hide any transactions that I don't want to duplicate.  

I discreetly hide the transactions without really telling the client what I am doing as I don't want them to go hiding there transactions... as normally there would be no need.

Hide Bank Feeds.jpg

Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff
Thanks for the suggestion. If anyone else would like to see QIF files imported into the bank feeds window, or setup with the same options as bank feeds, please cast your vote here.
KeepingMyBooks
Experienced Cover User
51 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I love in essentials when you want transactions from the bank you can download the qif and enter them just like a bank feed i never use the download bank statement in account right its just doesnt work the way its needed !!! this would be a hug update and help dramatically when starting bank feeds and for accounts that arent connected to bank feeds

also it would help with paypal transactions which we should be able to link like a bank feed with sooo many businesses using paypal like a bank , if Xero can do it must be in the relms of possible 

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

Using the Import Statement function in the AccountRight Browser interface will import the transactions into the Bank transactions window allowing you to use bank feed rules and other banking functions.