Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Get Statement: Retain banking memo when card (Payor) is selected

Experienced Cover User

25Posts

30Kudos

0Solutions

25 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

I have an issue with my Memo fields being overwritten with the Payor name whenever I change the Payor for a transaction. The workaround is to copy the Memo field, then change the Payor, then paste the original Memo back in.

This issue was previosuly raised in 2010 with no other solution or action presented: http://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-information-hints/Stop-MYOB-overwriting-memo-field/td-p/23...

I recommend removing this feature or, if it needs to stay (for reasons I can't fathom), at least adding a setting allowing us to disable it.

"Prevent Memo being overwritten when Payor changed"

Using the Get Statement feature, selecting to Add Transaction, when a Payor card is selected the (original banking) memo is replaced with Receipt memo on card (if blank customer's name).

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: February 2023

Hi Everyone

Using the Import Statement function in the AccountRight Browser interface will import the transactions into the Bank transactions window. When selecting the contact using the allocate function the bank description would be retained.

8 Comments
Barry_C
MYOB Staff
2,948 Posts
MYOB Staff
Thanks for the idea @BWPanda. As a suggestion if you are always using the same memo for all transactions, you can add a default memo to the payment memo field in the supplier or customer card. We would love to hear if other users would like the ability for the memo field to retain the last memo when selecting a new card.
Rob_T
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User

I have a similar issue and would certainly support the addition of a feature that would prevent the memo field being over written.

Robert

Cash4Trash
Contributing Cover User
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Having issues with the Bank Register Section

Currently my Bank Feeds are not setup and am entering data manually from the downloaded QIF files

When adding transactions the memo from the feed shows in the correct place as a memo no problem

However when I enter the PAYOR the MEMO FIELD is REPLACED WITH A NUMBER DELETING THE MEMO which is frustrating as I need the data included in the transaction record

This is a problem because the only way around it is to cut the data from the MEMO field then enter the PAYOR and PASTE it back removing the PAYOR information MAYBE its a bug in the software but I for one find it a pain Anyone else have the same issues

"Issues with Recieve Money'

RECIEVE AND SPEND MONEY ISSUES-1.jpg
AlanT
Partner
2,368 Posts
Partner

@Cash4Trash

Hi Francis,

Yeah, this drives me nuts too.

Regards,

Alan

Oakeyflat
1 Post
Cover User

This is a big issue when importing bank statements.  There should be a way to retain the description imported from a bank statement and there isn't (apart from the copy-and-paste workaround).

kellyj1
1 Post
User

Has this been fixed?  Its causing me a great amount of work to copy the data imported from the get statement function so its not overridden by the payee code

MG42
5 Posts
User

This infuriates me no end. Please please stop it.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

Using the Import Statement function in the AccountRight Browser interface will import the transactions into the Bank transactions window. When selecting the contact using the allocate function the bank description would be retained.