Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Import/Export Assistant: Items - Remove commas in Price level Qty break fields

Contributing User

10Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

10 Posts
Contributing User

SIMPLY IMPROVEMENT - PLEASE REMOVE THE "," IN ALL "PRICE LEVEL A, BREAK1" ETC FIELDS AS THIS CONFUSES EXCEL AND CAUSES A NON MATCH IN THE IMPORT FUNCTION RESULTING IN A MANUAL MATCHING PROCESS.

THANK YOU MATTHEW MALIOS

"Importing Data in the Items List "Price Level A, Qty Break 1" issue....please remove commas in al these fields"

Current Status: Archived
Last Changed: October 2018

Thank you for the idea. Unfortunately, this request has had no support from the community since it was submitted, so we are moving this idea to the Archived status. For more information on Idea Statuses, please read this article: Changes to our Idea Exchange pages

3 Comments
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @MMalios

Thank you for your feedback in regards to AccountRight and the field names for importing/exporting

Currently when you export data out of AccountRight as a tab delimited field as it’s treating the data being separated by tabs it will be a concern unless you opened that file in Excel. Within Excel it will recognise that the data contains a comma and while the does get separated it will add in quote marks to the document i.e. you can open it in NotePad to see. The same is true for Comma Separated files, AccountRight will just add it in with the quote marks when you export it out.

However having said that I can see the benefit of removing that comma as it would improve workflow and may assist in importing data a little easier. As such I would encourage clients that would like to see the comma removed from the Price level fields to vote and comment if required for this idea.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for the idea. Unfortunately, this request has had no support from the community since it was submitted, so we are moving this idea to the Archived status. For more information on Idea Statuses, please read this article: Changes to our Idea Exchange pages

sajeev
2 Posts
Cover User

Hi,

Is there a maximum number of pricelevel that we can use on AccountRight? Help content says 6, but is there a higher version of MyOB which support more number of pricelevels?