Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Import/Export Assistant: Timesheets - Include Activity field

Cover User

1Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
Cover User
Australia

Hi,

I'm importing employees' timesheets through Import and Export Assistant, but unfortunately under the Available Fields there is no Acitivity field. Thus I'm unable to import automatically this particular piece of data and after importing all the timesheets I need to manually enter Activity in every single timesheet. This is taking some additional time which otherwise can be spared for some other tasks. That's why I'll appreciate it much if this field could be included in the Availabel Fields list.

Thanks a lot!

Kind regards,

Boris Kachamakov

"Including Activity field in Timesheet import"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: December 2013

Thank you for your post. I agree it would be ideal if the Activity details were included as a Export / Import field in Timesheets. This may be something that our Developers could look into in a future update. In the meantime we would love to see how many others would like this enhancement. So please vote and comment.

14 Comments
Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff
Thank you for your post. I agree it would be ideal if the Activity details were included as a Export / Import field in Timesheets. This may be something that our Developers could look into in a future update. In the meantime we would love to see how many others would like this enhancement. So please vote and comment.
annieo
1 Post
Cover User

iI would love to see this added! ASAP Please!!!!

Karen_Groves
Contributing Partner
26 Posts
Contributing Partner

Hi Boris,

if you import activity slips rather than timesheets you will have all of the fields you need Smiley Happy

Karen

25left
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User

IMO the whole job / timesheet / time billing implementation of MYOB dysfunctional.

Activities are an input field when entering timesheet data manually, so why isn't it able to be mapped for import?

To facilitate the data import we have allocated customer IDs to each customer to minimise errors as suggested by MYOB. So you can import timesheet data based on the customer ID, but to import customer data in an activity slip, it is reliant upon the company name/surname. There is not option to map the customer ID when importing an Activity slip.

It would appear that each of these components of the program are developed by different teams that don't communicate. MYOB offers tools to help run my business, but there are so many holes in the implementation it is costing time (& money). A software developer of this size should do better!

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @25left 

Thanks for your feedback in regards to the AccountRight Live range and the importing of Timesheets and Activity Slips.

I notice that you haven't voted for the idea. if you would like to show your support for an Idea on the AccountRight Ideas Exchange, I would recommend voting for the idea. You can vote for the idea using the Vote button on the left hand side next to the ideas name.

25left
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Thx Steven_M

It now has 2 votes. Smiley Frustrated

KarenMulhallPCE
Contributing Cover User
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User

When importing timesheets, you are unable to import the activity ID matched to the time entry. Every other option that is available when manually entering the timesheet is available except the activity ID.

Vernel
5 Posts
Cover User

This issue was raised in 2013 but it is still relevant to this day.

The real issue is the Timesheet import has a sort of limitation where the Activity is not in available fields, and this is crucial in the invoicing stage. As there is no Activity, imported timesheet does not go further through Time Billing. However, the imports work well in the payroll processing stage.

I rang MYOB a week ago and they gave me no apparent solution. They recommend that I have to edit every Activity of each employee's timesheets, which would take long as we've got at least 200 employees at present.

Just a while ago I discovered another way of importing timesheet. Rather than through Timesheet, data can be imported through Activity Slips, wherein the Activity field is available. With this, imported timesheet works well from Payroll processing through invoicing/ time billing.

RosieK
5 Posts
Cover User

Hi

I am also a T-Sheet user and would appreciate if the "Activity" field could be included in the Imprt field in Timesheets.

also I have a field for Customer in my tab delimited file, but that doesn't import to the time sheet.  Can you please help.

Vernel
5 Posts
Cover User

Hi RosieK,

Rather than importing the delimited file through timesheet, try doing it through Activity Slips.

File >> Import/Export Assistant >> Import Data >> Next >> Import: Activity Slips

Hope that helps.

Cheers