Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Import/Export Assistant: Timesheets - Include Activity field

Cover User

1Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
Cover User
Australia

Hi,

I'm importing employees' timesheets through Import and Export Assistant, but unfortunately under the Available Fields there is no Acitivity field. Thus I'm unable to import automatically this particular piece of data and after importing all the timesheets I need to manually enter Activity in every single timesheet. This is taking some additional time which otherwise can be spared for some other tasks. That's why I'll appreciate it much if this field could be included in the Availabel Fields list.

Thanks a lot!

Kind regards,

Boris Kachamakov

"Including Activity field in Timesheet import"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: December 2013

Thank you for your post. I agree it would be ideal if the Activity details were included as a Export / Import field in Timesheets. This may be something that our Developers could look into in a future update. In the meantime we would love to see how many others would like this enhancement. So please vote and comment.

14 Comments
RosieK
5 Posts
Cover User

Hi

It would greatly assist if all the fields required on the timesheet are included in the import fields.  i.e. the Activity field is not included.  This is very frustrating as the whole purpose of importing the timesheet is to save "time", and if you still need to enter this field on each time sheet for each day this can be a very lengthy process.

Regards

Rosie

Vernel
5 Posts
Cover User

Hi Rosie,

Have you tried importing your TXT file through this?  File >> Import/Export Assistant >> Import Data >> Next >> Import: Activity Slips

Activity is included in the available fields, see below photo.

ActivityID.JPG

RosieK
5 Posts
Cover User

HI Vernel,

An imported activity slip does automatically "include hours on timesheet" and therefore can not be processed through payroll. 

Regards Rosie.

RosieK
5 Posts
Cover User

@Kachamakov wrote:

Hi,

I'm importing employees' timesheets through Import and Export Assistant, but unfortunately under the Available Fields there is no Acitivity field. Thus I'm unable to import automatically this particular piece of data and after importing all the timesheets I need to manually enter Activity in every single timesheet. This is taking some additional time which otherwise can be spared for some other tasks. That's why I'll appreciate it much if this field could be included in the Availabel Fields list.

Thanks a lot!

Kind regards,

Boris Kachamakov

"Including Activity field in Timesheet import"

HI Vernel,

An imported activity slip does automatically "include hours on timesheet" and therefore can not be processed through payroll. 

Regards Rosie.