Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

In Tray: Ability to match to a Recurring transaction

Trusted User

49Posts

48Kudos

2Solutions

49 Posts
Trusted User
New
New

Hi

I like the new In Tray feature, and the ability to create new bills from imported documents.  However, most of my regular bills - electricity, telephone etc - are already set up as recurring transactions.  I want to use the recurring transaction, as it has the narratives and account numbers already populated - at the moment this means I cannot create the bill from the In Tray (and have to just link the electronic copy of the invoice to the transaction after it has been created).  

It would be great if a recurring transaction could be created from the In Tray - so the invoice date, invoice number and amount are picked up from the imported document, and the account number and narrative are taken from the recurring transaction.

thanks

"Create new recurring transaction from In Tray"

12 Comments
AllPaws
5 Posts
Cover User

There is no link for the re-occuring transactions to have the in tray invoices linked with this area.  If you can possibly create the re-occuring transactions to have the link work in reversal to obtain the In-Tray documents, it would make it easier as there is no double handling.  Also when looking for closed invoices to link up if it invoice has been scanned in later it would be much easier if you could also have search filters by date or invoice number so you do not have to scroll through all of them to attach the invoice

Ken_M
Experienced User
22 Posts
Experienced User
I totally agree that the in tray should have the ability to link a supplier invoice to a recurring transaction which is then posted into MYOB in "one click", and the supplier invoice is then attached to this transaction. 90% of our transactions are recurring so this would certainly reduce double handling of this in tray processing.
AccSpiers
1 Post
Cover User

ALthough I like the in-tray, I agree that the in-tray should be linked to the re-ocurring transactions.  Current system is double handling and inefficient.

HeatherDBS
Experienced Cover User
126 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Yes please!

PamL
3 Posts
Cover User

You've done great with the added features for adding documents to transactions, can we go one step further.

1.   From the In Tray can you add the option to create from recurring transaction list please.

2.   Give the option to email spend money receipts and then create a spend money option from the In Tray.

Thank you

sarahkimhaulage
1 Post
Cover User

its been years since the in tray feature came out and we are still waiting on the create new recurring transaction from in tray

Angela132
Experienced Cover User
43 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Same here except we use the Bank Feed feature and it's painful to be able to process other transactions quickly, but the ones we have set up as recurring to make things quicker for us are the ones that take the longest to process.

Ken_James
Partner
2 Posts
Partner

Yes Please I would also like to be able to use recurring transactions when processing from bank feeds for Spend Money or for Direct Debits wher we have the recurring transaction already set up for example monthly car loan payments or insurance.

SteveB1
2 Posts
User

Big need to create a new "purchase" or "spend money" from the "In Tray" with a "Use Recurring". Ok ...  so I just did my first MYOB Capture (which seems to work well) but then it takes three times longer to create a fresh "spend money" without the "Use Recurring". Looks like this has been a popular request for 5 years now. Can MYOB tech design raise the priority on this one pretty please Smiley Happy

SteveB1
2 Posts
User

Big need to create a new "purchase" or "spend money" from the "In Tray" with a "Use Recurring". Ok ...  so I just did my first MYOB Capture (which seems to work well) but then it takes three times longer to create a fresh "spend money" without the "Use Recurring". Looks like this has been a popular request for 5 years now. Can MYOB tech design raise the priority on this one pretty please Smiley Happy