Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

In Tray: Add (internal) notes to document

Cover User

1Posts

8Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
Cover User

I hope you are implementing this already but it would seem to be a massive oversight to not be able to add notes to In-tray documents within Accountright Live. A book-keeper often needs to be notified of accounts applicable to receipts on purchases. Some receipts which might have complications such as tax variations would also need a note to be helpful. What if we wished to separate R&D expenses from cost of goods sold? A note might help clarify for a bookkeeper as he/she enters the data.

Also, why hasn't the iPhone app been setup to photograph receipts directly into the in-tray yet and allow for a similar note to be added? This would appear to be particularly useful.

"Add Bookkeeper Notes to Intray Items"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: April 2015

Hi @Tekthead

Thank you for your feedback in regards to AccountRight and the In Tray, 

Currently you are unable to add notes to an document as part of the In Tray, You would manually have to make an external reference to that. I would encourage other users that would like to add notes to documents in the In Tray to vote and comment if required for this idea.

In regards to an app, the In Tray allows for documents to be emailed in. This means you can take a photo with the standard camera on your phone and email them into us. 

When sending via email, attachments have the following limits: 

Files up to 5mb can be uploaded  

10 documents can be attached on an email. 

All HTML and Text in emails is ignored. 
The email address that send it from needs to be invited/have access to the file in the cloud.

Emails are sent to: bills@accountright.myob.com.au or bills@accountright.myob.co.nz
 (for NZ clients).

6 Comments
JamesSullivan
Experienced Partner
61 Posts
Experienced Partner

I agree although there are many apps out there scan receipts but they are cumbersome to configure to be able to send directly onto myob intray....In Just A few steps click on app ,take pic of receipt, Check Quality,  Then Click Send..... If you were using job costing you could also perhaps choose from drop down list of jobs before sending

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Tekthead

Thank you for your feedback in regards to AccountRight and the In Tray, 

Currently you are unable to add notes to an document as part of the In Tray, You would manually have to make an external reference to that. I would encourage other users that would like to add notes to documents in the In Tray to vote and comment if required for this idea.

In regards to an app, the In Tray allows for documents to be emailed in. This means you can take a photo with the standard camera on your phone and email them into us. 

When sending via email, attachments have the following limits: 

Files up to 5mb can be uploaded  

10 documents can be attached on an email. 

All HTML and Text in emails is ignored. 
The email address that send it from needs to be invited/have access to the file in the cloud.

Emails are sent to: bills@accountright.myob.com.au or bills@accountright.myob.co.nz
 (for NZ clients).

Domain
2 Posts
Cover User

I also think notes would be helpful on invoices currently in the In Tray.  I check prices against orders before creating the bill and if we have been incorrectly charged, then invoices sit in the In Tray until the issue is addressed and it would helpful to to put a note explaining why inovices are sitting in the In Tray waiting to be entered.

Noddysfriend
Contributing Cover User
16 Posts
Contributing Cover User

We would like to be able to 'add comment' to documents in the intray, or maybe to give them a 'name'.

Also - are there any tips for 'managing' a 'cleanup' of documents remaining in the intray eg printing them all off, or at least getting a 'list' of what is there?

AnnieC1
1 Post
User

As a bookkeeper for a variety of different business, I definately need the notes section to be available when clients are using the In Tray to upload invoices for me.  Often it is a complicated invoice that needs detailed notes from the user to convey to myself (the bookeeper) to be able to enter correctly.

Real_Estate_WA
Experienced Cover User
28 Posts
Experienced Cover User

has there been any update on this - I would like to be able to leave instructions for those entering the invoices if there is something different from normal relating to an invoice in the in tray