Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

In Tray: Option to toggle between Enlarged Invoice and Purchase

Ultimate Partner

1,949Posts

724Kudos

234Solutions

1,949 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia

I have been testing out how this IN TRAY works over the last month and below is another suggestion to make this feature more user friendly and quicker.

Can we have the option to toggle between Enlarged Invoice and Purchase Screen.   Currently if MYOB does not match all the details from the invoice we have to click on the invoice to enlarge to view the missing details but you have to close the enlarged invoice to go back to the purchases.  I find this time consuming and annoying with all the click clicks trying to process one invoice.   

Currently if you have the enlarged invoice open and the purchase open and press ALT Tab to toggle between the two screens it doesn't work.  Suggestion:   Option to toggle between Enlarged Invoice and Purchase Screen

Also if you minimise the enlarged invoice it seems to disappear as well.

"IN TRAY - Option to toggle between Enlarged Invoice and Purchase"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: March 2020

Hi All,

Included in this release is the ability to launch the attached PDF in your computer's default PDF Reader. This way allows you to move your PDF Views away from the AccountRight screen to more easily view the data from the PDF and the Data Entry screen and switch between windows using the "Alt + Tab" Keyboard Combination.

As a bonus: The old AccountRight Reader was unable to read specific information on newer age PDF's this will provide the ability to view all PDF's in your usual PDF Reading Tool that is constantly up to date.

If your PDF's are launching in something else and not your preferred reader, you can simply change the default reader in your Windows Default Apps section. See here for steps on how to do this: How to Change Default PDF Viewer in Windows 10

You can read more about 2020.1's features on this Release Post: AccountRight 2020.1 is now available

13 Comments
CMak
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User

100% agree - love this idea!

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @CloudMindAcc

Thank you for your feedback in regards to AccountRight and the In Tray.

I have marked your idea as Already in Product as you can switch between the windows. To do this you would go open the Bill, select to enlarge the doucment, using the Windows button at the top of the screen, select the required option i.e. Purchases - New Service. This would allow you to toggle between the windows or have both of them up on the screen at the same time.

Attachments.PNG

Also ALT + Tab is a Windows function to switch between windows. As all the In Tray documents are all within the same Windows window i.e. within the same application the switch to option would not currently work. Next time you do it take a look at the Windows Task bar, you will see that with the In Tray and you documents open you only have the one AccountRight window. However in saying that I do like you thinking about the Alt + Tab feature.

Do let us know what you think about the Window Drop Down function and does it complete the required task?

CloudMindAcc
Ultimate Partner
1,949 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hi 

Thank you for your response.   Yes your suggestion does work thank you.    I asked three of my smart/savvy clients this week if they could work out how to do this themselves with no prompts from me and they couldn't so I wonder how many other users are finding this an issue?

Even so it is still too many click click clicks.  

I totally understand it is a new feature in the product and it will only get better.   At this point it does not even phase me if the invoice doesn't match and yet with high volumes and the invoice not matching I want to be able to switch/flick between the two invoices with ease and copy & paste the data faster.  

At the moment it takes me twice as long to enter a purchase through the IN-TRAY, so from a speed prospective it is not faster.    From an "ease of use/bookkeeping" prospective if MYOB could overcome this obstacle and my other suggestion to link an existing invoice from within Invoice itself..... I will sing this feature from the roof top.  In summary each time we have to click, click,click in and out of screens it just slows us down.

Alt + Tab would be perfect in a perfect world but I can see why it wouldn't work now you have explained it.  

Tallie_M
4,461 Posts
Former Staff

Hi there @CloudMindAcc,

We do understand that the option to toggle between windows may not be the easiest to work out, and may be a bit too time-consuming for what should be a much simpler task. Perhaps down the line, as the feature continues to improve and expand, we may be able to look at making this option more user-friendly.

Thanks so much for the thoughtful feedback as well - we really do appreciate the constructive criticism as it is exactly what we need in order to ensure we can continue to meet the needs of our clients.

Kindest,

Tallie

CloudMindAcc
Ultimate Partner
1,949 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hi 

Is this under "idea" been closed as already in the product or is it under consideration.   I have spoken to many users who would also like to quickly toggle between the fields too.    As mentioned above it is not faster to enter a invoice from the In-tray screen at this present moment.   I have timed it and it takes twice as long trying to enter and check the invoice.   If we could toggle easily and fast between the purchase and the invoice it would resolve the issue.

Re:  Steven's previous solution is not a solution....  a large majority of MYOB CC's and Bookkeepers work of there laptop on site which is a small screen so trying to bring the two windows up on the laptop doesn't work very well and again takes time.

I would like to put it to the vote

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @CloudMindAcc

Tallie has marked the idea as being Under Consideration. We are encouraging clients that would like to see this idea implemented to vote and comment for this idea.

Karinski
3 Posts
Cover User

Hi

It would be great to be able to create an invoice from the enlarged view so that any info MYOB has missed can be easily seen and entered.

Also why cant I now use a forward slash for dates in some windows.  Some windows will only accept a hyphen?

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Karinski

Thank you for your feedback in regards to the In Tray.

I've merged your idea with this similar one already included on the AccountRight Idea Exchange.

Karinski
3 Posts
Cover User

Hi Steven

Just to clarify what I was trying to convey with my intray suggestion:  If I wish to create a new bill or link it to an existing one AFTER enlarging the the thumbnail, I have to go back to the intray to do it. It would be great to have a button on the enlarged version instead. 

Could you please also let me know why I can no longer use a slash instead of a hyphen on some date fields.

Cheers Karinski

Owtcha
Contributing Cover User
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Very much in favour of a faster, easier way of toggling between the windows within MYOB.  I also find cumbersome and adding on additional time when doing a lot of entries.

In Adobe or Microsoft you can go between different pages/slides using the arrows or spacebar.  I know nothing about computer design.  Is anything like that translatable?  A keyboard shortcut to toggle between the the MYOB windows would be ideal.

The extra button is a good idea.

I wonder alternately about having an option for thumbnails on the side like in Powerpoint where you can see and select different slides, perhaps which comes out from hiding when you put the mouse over it like docks can, as I find I need all the window space I can get when using the intray, enlarged docs, purchase entry and pay bills open often all at once.