Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

In Tray: View document without needing to open PDF

Trusted User

81Posts

227Kudos

2Solutions

81 Posts
Trusted User
New Zealand

Bright ideas department to make MYOB more user friendly. The In Tray works OK. Would it be possible to preview the pdfs without actually opening them, say with a magnifying glass? I get several bills from the same entity and it'd help with identification if I could see the contents of each one without having to open the pdf.

"Viewer for In Tray"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: February 2023

Hi Everyone

When viewing a purchase with a document attached in the AccountRight Browser Interface users can select the Split view option to showcase the document while still viewing the transaction.

The AccountRight Browser Interface also has an overlay to see the full document prior to matching/creation by selecting the document image in the In Tray window.

6 Comments
OzTara
Experienced Cover User
42 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Absolutely! The IN TRAY feature is useful but ridiculously clunky and untrustworthy. The number of documents shown in the tray are constantly changing. It would be better if it showed the file name of the document so we could see duplicates and dates as the order is non-sensical. A zoom highlight to see the document details would be better as it often doesn't pick up the company name and it completely stuffs up auto-fill on credit notes that reference an original invoice number.
MichelleMelb
Experienced User
20 Posts
Experienced User

A magnifying glass in the in tray area would also enable me to check the job name/number on the invoice so that I can enter it when I have created a new bill Smiley Happy

Katherina_White
Contributing User
15 Posts
Contributing User

Yes! I love this idea. At the moment it is just super clunky feeling to have to dowload the image and reopen it.

1300HOTAIR
Experienced Cover User
74 Posts
Experienced Cover User

At the VERY least a file name would be beneficial and I totally agree having to open the document to see it is a pain 

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

When viewing a purchase with a document attached in the AccountRight Browser Interface users can select the Split view option to showcase the document while still viewing the transaction.

The AccountRight Browser Interface also has an overlay to see the full document prior to matching/creation by selecting the document image in the In Tray window.

MariaB
Experienced Cover User
15 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Please note that not everyone uses MYOB Browser