Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: In Tray - attach documents

PET
Cover User

1Posts

502Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
Cover User
Australia

I have seen the in tray for purchases and ask if there are any plans to add an in tray to the sales invoice side. It would be very helpful to us as a solar installation company to store all compliance and design pdfs with the installation sale record, so that over time we when we re-visit the sale record we can find all of that in one place. 

'In tray for Sales?"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: March 2015

Hi @PET 

Thank you for your idea in regards to AccountRight and sale transactions.

Currently the In Tray can be used for purchases only. I would encourage other users that would like to see the ability to upload documents to be read for Sale transactions/an "Out Tray" to vote and comment if required.

285 Comments
Ryan-C
Experienced Cover User
32 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hello PET, and any contiributors.

@PET wrote:

I have seen the in tray for purchases and ask if there are any plans to add an in tray to the sales invoice side. It would be very helpful to us as a solar installation company to store all compliance and design pdfs with the installation sale record, so that over time we when we re-visit the sale record we can find all of that in one place. 

'In tray for Sales?"

I can't see why MYOB don't make these as extra options available to purchase if you want them - maybe there is not 2000likes... but there are those that need it and would be happy to pay an extra 5 or 10 bucks a month.

I have got sick of waiting - 3 years gone buy since I started on this topic. MYOB's rate of user friendly imporvements are too slow - we are moving to an ERP system feeds into MYOB that will handle invoicing & purchasing, accounts Recievable, and Payable, Inventory (Accountright you purchase for the Inventory feature - it is no good if you are a manufacturer, and for Job costings - it costs way too much to manage the data in accountright to be sure you have good high quality costings)

Also it will allow us to do inventory, purchasing, quoting & invoicing all from our phones where ever we are. Accountright doesn't do that, if you use the essentials app, it doesn't allow invoicing of inventoried items, and it is way too slow and difficult. Accountright App is only available to IOS.....

Also we can look up most reports on our phone like Sales for the day, Purchases for the day, Productivity for the day. Can't view any reports with the MYOB app.

MYOB will point to EXO, but it is not suited to small size manufacturers like us.

FCHOICE
Contributing Cover User
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Right now you are only able to attach one document when emailing an invoice? WHY?

Please please allow more than one document to be attached to the invoice. THIS WOULD SAVE SO MUCH TIME FOR SO MANY PEOPLE!

I would literally pay an extra $10 just for this feature. Please allow for more than one document to be attached to the invoice when emailing out.

shellmanda
6 Posts
User

Great suggestion.

We have the same need. Currently we have to email the document separately which is such a pain, and don't get me started on the never ending wall of boxes containing all these documents!

Thomas20
1 Post
Cover User

yes I would like an in tray for sales also so i can cut down on my paper trail.

TLC_K
Contributing Cover User
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Would love an in tray in the Sales, to upload payment certificates and attach dockets?

Marjorie61
Partner
5 Posts
Partner

Hello,

the In Tray is primarily used for Purchase invoices and cash receipts. However, it would be ideal to attach a commission invoice (like MYOB commission) or a trade rebate invoice to a sales transaction. The only way around this is to create a purchase with a negative amount to either an income account like rebates or commissions received; very similar to a credit note or returned goods/services.

Do you think MYOB may put this on the wish list? The only problem would then be that a Customer Card must be created in conjuction to a Supplier card. Any chance of amalgamation?

Chelle_001
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User

MYOB after many years with people asking for an intray in Sales we still do not have one. 
It would be grateful if you can finally include this idea. 
I currently need an Intray for our tax invoices under Sales. With 100% of our clientele such as real estates and retirement villages, commercial properties we need purchase orders from them with our excepted quote to proceed to go ahead and do the jobs. 
When an job has been done I have to email an invoice to the client and print out a paper copy for our records with the purchase order attached to the tax invoice. These paper copies then get filed into the filing cabinet. 
I have tried to download our tax invoices individually and use Adobe to attach the purchase orders and save them so they can be just one document. This work however it is not possible to do it with all our tax invoices as it is very time consuming. 
So in 2020 I am still filing the same way I have done since the eighties.
I would be grateful to anyone who can find a way to simplify our debtors or MYOB finally allows attachments in each tax invoice. 
Thanks. 

melindaj
Partner
38 Posts
Partner

Extend this to include Rental invoices, or just have the ability to add the rental invoices to Receive Money or Sales Invoices

JNRCivil
Experienced Cover User
18 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Yes we would to - All our invoices need documentation attached to support invoice - so we have to attach to email to send to client - also for future reference on looking back on invoices we have to manually get the printed copy - time consuming/paper wasting and reporting would be so much better to have in the one system

MBLegADL
Experienced Cover User
115 Posts
Experienced Cover User

HOpefully in about ten years they might consider this one.

Emailing receipts was first flagged in 2013 with the idea exchange saying it was in development.

seven years later...............