Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

In Tray: Download all documents in file

2Posts

13Kudos

0Solutions

2 Posts
User
New
New

Hi There,

I would like to use the in-tray for expenses and bills and invoices however if we were to change from MYOB to another inventory/accounts system I wouldn't be able to transfer this information across it would be lost.  This would course a problem if we need to go back over any of this information years later if we were audited. 

"In-Tray back up"

4 Comments
lennienz_kyle
1 Post
User

I agree. We need to be able to download all attachments and/or sync attachments to a cloud storage provider like Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox.

MYOB has made some big advancements with new Essentials and AccountRight in the Browser but, as an accountant who oversees bookkeeping for many clients, I cannot recommend MYOB because the current situation means a client has to either:

a) keep a duplicate copy of all invoices elsewhere which is inefficient

b) accept they will have to pay the subscription for a further 7 years after they stop using MYOB or

c) accept they will lose all their attachments if they ever cancel their subscription.

Your biggest competitor retains the client's data after they cancel their subscription for the 7 years required by IRD. The client can restart their subscription at any point in those 7 years and pick up where they left off.

nqav001
1 Post
User

It would be great to see an option where you can download bulk documents that have been attched to the file via the InTray.  

Patto1
4 Posts
User

Agreed have just found out that documents are not kept with the backup file.  We have just closed a file of 10+ years as I wanted to change the chart of accounts and "Reset" the business. So now we have no access to this data and MYOB don't even offer a bulk download!!!  Very disappointed. As far as I am concerned that my book keeper uploading files to MYOB is a waste of time and resources.  Store it locally.

Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
3,119 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @Patto1 

Thank you for your post and my apologies for the late response. We appreciate your input and are constantly working to improve our software. Your suggestion is valuable to us as we consider enhancements for future updates. While we can't guarantee when or if this feature will be implemented, I'll make sure to pass your request along to our development team for their consideration. If you have any more details or specific ideas regarding this feature, please feel free to share them with us. Your feedback helps us make our software even better.

Feel free to post again if you have further queries and one of us will be happy to assist.
Regards,
Earl