Share your ideas for improving the new AccountRight. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

AccountRight

Installation: Automatic updates

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
User

Is there no way to make MYOB upgrades happen automatically?

You've no idea what a plague it is to be constantly told by Adobe/HP/Java/Chrome/Microsoft, etc "An update is available for you computer, click here to continue... you must restart your computer..." It just seems to happen all the time, it interferes with my ability to actually use my computer and its programs, and it seems totally unnecessary. 

I really couldn't care less whether or not you've upgraded/improved/bug-fixed/re-uphostered your program. All I want is for it to work. So if you can make MYOB upgrade itself at night, when I'm not using the machine - without any prompting or input from me - that would be fantastic.

Cheers

Lachlan Mills

"automatic upgrades"

Current Status: Maybe later
Last Changed: September 2015

Hi @LachlanMills

Thank you for your feedback in regards to AccountRight and installing updates.

I've marked this idea as Maybe Later. This is maybe something that we would consider in the future but at this stage it does require user acceptance to install updates to AccountRight. This is due to the fact that like most programs they do require the user to agree to install the program on your computer.

1 Comment
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
33,027 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @LachlanMills

Thank you for your feedback in regards to AccountRight and installing updates.

I've marked this idea as Maybe Later. This is maybe something that we would consider in the future but at this stage it does require user acceptance to install updates to AccountRight. This is due to the fact that like most programs they do require the user to agree to install the program on your computer.