Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Inventory: Ability to enter and track batch numbers

Contributing Cover User

7Posts

14Kudos

0Solutions

7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia

It would be great if batch number functionality could be added to inventory items - better still if expiry dates could also be linked to the batch number.

"Batch Numbers"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: September 2012

Thank you Gordon for clarfying. Please vote for this idea of allocating specific types of items to their associated batches.

8 Comments
Nicole_Brand
233 Posts
Former Staff
Thank you for your feedback. While this functionality does not exist within AccountRight, there may be another alternative available for your immediate consideration. The availability of this alternative will depend upon the version of AccountRight that you are using. If you are using AccountRight v19, then you can look at moving to AccountRight Enterprise v19, where we have the functionality of tracking stock by 'Location'. This allows for the stock to be received into a specific bin or for your purposes batch. If you would like to review AccountRight Enterprise v19, you can read more about it and obtain a free trial from http://myob.com.au/testdrives If you are using AccountRight 2012, then this functionality will be made available to the AccountRight Premier range in future releases. You may find that this alternative does not meet your needs. In which case, we would love to understand your specific needs further. How do you use batches and stock expiry in your business?
Champs
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Hi Nicole,

We use AccountRight Enterprise v19 and have looked at the "Location" field and unfortunately it is not suitable as it does not specifically link to a product.  Ideally when selling a product you would be able to see what batch of that product is available rather than having to sift through the "locations" looking for the correct batch. I would imagine that batch/expiry functionallity would be invaluable to food wholesalers/retailers as well as any industry that is subject to batch tracking where the potential for product recalls exists.  Currently we use an index card system to record these details.

Regards

Gordon

Nicole_Brand
233 Posts
Former Staff
Thank you Gordon for clarfying. Please vote for this idea of allocating specific types of items to their associated batches.
Gail_G
Contributing Cover User
15 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I agree with Gordon.  As a very small business I am now finding that there is a great need to have the batch number and expiry date able to be tracked.  It would certainly make life a lot easier if for some reason you had to do a product recall.  Most of the supermarkets require you to have an easy way to track these.  I for one would love to be able to do this.

Regards

Gail

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Gail_G

Thank you for your feedback and voting for this idea. I have shared your thoughts with the team.

SAF
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User

Yes, MYOB does need to have a system in order to assign batch numbers and expiration dates to product.  We are a distribution company, and for compliance reasons, we have to have batch numbers and expiration dates on all of our sales orders and invoices.  It would be great if there was a way to enter this information when creating a sales order and then have that information follow through to the sales invoice.  It would also be very helpful to be able to enter the batch numbers and expiry dates on the bill when the product in received by our company.

Regards

Betsy

AmandaRobertsC
Experienced Cover User
43 Posts
Experienced Cover User

It would be great if MYOB could cope with receiving in stock with batch number identification and subsquent selling and record of sales units with batch numbers.  Is there any works in progress to achieve this?

sparkyjane2010
1 Post
Cover User

Batch numbers & expiry dates: As a distributor, I need to have this information recorded through MYOB. At the moment I have to keep separate records, using an Excel spreadsheet that I developed. If this information was available with MYOB my life would be less complicated, and our customers would receive precise information for their records also. MYOB developers, please look into satisfying your customers' requirements with this matter. I have seen others requesting the same service.