Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Inventory: Ability to enter and track serial numbers for items

Cover User

1Posts

29Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
Cover User
Australia

To whom it may concern,

In our business we receive a purchase order and some orders will have a serial no for that unit.  It would be very helpful if there was a section on MYOB that you could keep a record of the serial no's and then allocate them to a Sale when purchased by the consumer, save time and effort on stock books.  Look forward to your response.

Also when printing invoices off at the end of the month, it would be better to have them printing off in alphabetic rather than in invoice number dates

"Stock Serial Number for AccountRight Live"

*Edit - Adjusted Idea's name to make it more relevant.

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: October 2013

Great idea. Anyone who would like to see specific numbers saved for items, please vote for this suggestion.

17 Comments
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Kellieicemach

Thank you for your feedback in regards to AccountRight.

I've merged your idea with this one already included on the AccountRight Idea Exchange

Snoogan
3 Posts
User

This feature would be extremely handy for us.  To be able to record the serial # for an item when entered as a purchase, and then when the item is selected in an invoice, have a short list of all the available serial numbers on hand of that item.  Either select from a drop down list, or scan a serial # barcode off the item.  It would help us track inventory better, and certainly help with stocktake.  It will also help us when it comes to warranty issues so we can ensure that the product being returned was in fact sold by our store, and allow us to determine which supplier it was purchased through.  So of the items we sell can be sourced from multiple suppliers, and he go with whoever gives the best deal at the time.  So trying to find out who to send it back to can be time consuming.  This feature would make life a lot easier.

turman2001
Experienced Cover User
26 Posts
Experienced Cover User

This seems to be avilabile in the appe version but not PC. Come on MYOB this is a very important issue

DM21
3 Posts
Cover User

Having the ability to record serial numbers on purchases and link to invoices would be great. Also to be able to search for a serial number and see purchase and sales info. Available in in Accountright Live and not live would be great.

I really look forward to seeing somthing like this soon.

icsnz
1 Post
Cover User

I run a small to medium electronics business and would like an area where I can import new stock via serial number, sell product via serial number and be able to look up the date when it was sold should it be returned for repair.

nikita72
2 Posts
User

@allmowers2028 wrote:

To whom it may concern,

In our business we receive a purchase order and some orders will have a serial no for that unit.  It would be very helpful if there was a section on MYOB that you could keep a record of the serial no's and then allocate them to a Sale when purchased by the consumer, save time and effort on stock books.  Look forward to your response.

Canada post tracking

Also when printing invoices off at the end of the month, it would be better to have them printing off in alphabetic rather than in invoice number dates

"Stock Serial Number for AccountRight Live"

*Edit - Adjusted Idea's name to make it more relevant.

hey., @allmowers2028  I am looking for almost similar feature like to search item by serial number not name..

Thanks

nikita72
2 Posts
User

i have almost same requirement … i did you find any way of doing this ?

Thanks