Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Inventory: Ability to go into Negative Stock

Experienced Cover User

72Posts

802Kudos

0Solutions

72 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

add negative stock to AR Plus/Premier

-Allow the sale of items with Insufficient On-Hand Quantities

"Negative Stock"

Current Status: Planned
Last Changed: October 2014

Thanks for your suggestion. At the moment our plan is to eventually bring the negative inventory functionality from our existing AccountRight Enterprise product into AccountRight Premier on our new platform. This is some time away however. Anyone who would like this to be given a higher priority, please cast your vote here.

11 Comments
Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

Thanks for your suggestion. At the moment our plan is to eventually bring the negative inventory functionality from our existing AccountRight Enterprise product into AccountRight Premier on our new platform. This is some time away however. Anyone who would like this to be given a higher priority, please cast your vote here.

Gargoyle
1 Post
Cover User

Hi

We run a manufacturing balance and often find that we will have a sale before the inventory is built using autobuild. In such a case MYOB needs to allow a negative inventory value. Which setting do I check to allow Negative Inventory values.

This situation also arises when I build an item before components have been received into the system, similar soultion needed.

Thanks for your assistance

Autolink-Online
2 Posts
Cover User

@Gargoyle wrote:

Hi

We run a manufacturing balance and often find that we will have a sale before the inventory is built using autobuild. In such a case MYOB needs to allow a negative inventory value. Which setting do I check to allow Negative Inventory values.

This situation also arises when I build an item before components have been received into the system, similar soultion needed.

Thanks for your assistance

This is a must for my business, MYOB please add this feature as it would hep my business like you wouldn't believe! 

SV2015
1 Post
User

With regards to the Negitive inventory, I agree . It is a must have . It's is my main issue with MYOB at the moment. Please, Please Please.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @SV2015

Thank you for your feedback in regards to this idea.

Along with commenting for an idea on the AccountRight Idea Exchange you can show your support by voting. To vote for an idea select the + VOTE button to the left of the idea's name.

Cento_A
2 Posts
Cover User

Hi

I just want to know if MYOB is looking at adding Negative Inventory to Accountright 2017. As I would like to start using the inventory function but I wont until the inventory can go below 0. Using receive items is not an option as it creates another step and confusion with workers when printing invoices out to give customers.

AHJS
Experienced Cover User
178 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Kudos!  We run into problems all the time.  Our orders from our supplier arrive two months after we place our order.  Our customers then order against this shipment with many back orders going against the incoming shipment.  If we arent mindful to ensure the back order gets invoiced out after the date the shipment was received into the system its creates chaos especially with average unit costs

AHJS
Experienced Cover User
178 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Kudos!  We run into problems all the time.  Our orders from our supplier arrive two months after we place our order.  Our customers then order against this shipment with many back orders going against the incoming shipment.  If we arent mindful to ensure the back order gets invoiced out after the date the shipment was received into the system its creates chaos especially with average unit costs

AndrewKShields
Contributing Cover User
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I could use that, but with a warning message when going negative stock.

LiveProblems
2 Posts
User

Negative Inventory Acceptance Necessary for Most Third Party Online Web Stores