Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Inventory: Combine Items

2Posts

130Kudos

0Solutions

2 Posts
User
Australia

Would it be possible for inventory item to be combined so that items that are no longer used or duplicated can be removed from the list.

'Combining inventory items"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: September 2012

We're always looking for ways to improve inventory management. I'm taking this as two suggestions: a) combine old items with others and b) abilitity to select multiple items and delete as a batch. Please vote!

33 Comments
jenniek
Ultimate Partner
2,917 Posts
Ultimate Partner

yes please - great idea, or some way to blanket delete - one by one is soul destroying!

Mark_Smith
26 Posts
Former Staff
We're always looking for ways to improve inventory management. I'm taking this as two suggestions: a) combine old items with others and b) abilitity to select multiple items and delete as a batch. Please vote!
XLNT
Contributing Cover User
18 Posts
Contributing Cover User

As we have a number of users of our data file, occasionally we have identical items created with different titles. Can you make an option to be able to combine items as it is next to impossible to find transactions to update so that one of the items can be deleted.

XLNT
Contributing Cover User
18 Posts
Contributing Cover User

This is something I've been after too, it would help to tidy up the inventory list a great deal.  We have multiple users who on many occasions have unknowingly created the same item with slightly different names and it's a pain in the butt to update all the entries to be able to delete one.

BackedUp
1 Post
Cover User

Yes please I too have a huge list of items duplicated do to the same products being listed differently by different people and would LOVE to be able to clean them up.

Jacqueline01
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User

We too have a huge list of duplicated item, so the ability to combine the cards would be fantastic

ProAnge
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User

I would love the option to be able to merge duplicate Items for AccountEdge Basics.  It is quite easy unfortunately to make the mistake of entering the same Item under similar names, but currently with no way of merging them.  Thank you. 

EileenSaust
Partner
22 Posts
Partner

You get my vote, this is one area that really needs some attention. Thanks

Jacqueline01
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User

This option would be terrific for the Account Edge Network edition.  

Devi
Partner
7 Posts
Partner

It would be good to merge inventory items where duplication occurs.