Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Inventory: Copy Item - copy all item data

Experienced Cover User

57Posts

53Kudos

0Solutions

57 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

Can you guys please put in an instant "Copy Item" button next to the "Copy From" button?

I am sure many Users would find the ability to copy all data from an existing Item to create a New Item, and then just modify the data as needed to update it to make the new Item.

Bit like the Recurring function- Just instant.

You wouldn't be able to save it as the original Item Number as the system will tell you that one already exists. Hence it forces you to at least create a new Item Number.

"Copying Item data"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: June 2015

Hi @OLKroozer

Thank you for your idea in regards to AccountRight and creating items by copying.

Currently the Copy from option will copy the item's details onto a new item. Please note that item number, name, supplier item number, auto-build information and item history will not be copied across.

I would encourage other users that would like an "instant" copy of another item to vote and comment if required for this idea. 

17 Comments
David_Cree
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hello Steven @Steven_M

I just wish that the advanced search would work on the Card List.

in the classic versions you could search by suburb or street, but not on the v2016.xx.

Cheers

David

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @David_Cree

The Advance Search feature will work on the Card Lists. However it will only search the values in the window that you are in. For example it will search the Name, Card ID, Phone Number, Type, Current Balance and Overdue fields as they are listed on the screen, it will not search values that are listed outside what is on the screen i.e. suburb, post codes, street. If you would like that functionality you might want to show your support for Searching by street address

Maryke
6 Posts
Cover User

Ha there been any progress with this. For our business this is almost a neccesity.

Bteam
Trusted User
81 Posts
Trusted User

I think this may have been requested before? When setting up a new item can the item you want to copy from be selected from a drop down list rather than scrolling through the entire inventory to find the inventory item to copy from?

Honeyboost
8 Posts
User

Yep, would love this.

Also if it was more like an Excel table so we can freeform edit stuff in bulk (like in ecommerce systems) that would be great.

OLKroozer
Experienced Cover User
57 Posts
Experienced Cover User

It's been 5 years that this suggestion has been open.

Is it to be implemented or forgotten 🥴?

Honeyboost
8 Posts
User

Lol, MYOB moves slowly don't they.
We should keep trying though.