Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Inventory: Headings/Groups of items

Experienced Cover User

17Posts

26Kudos

0Solutions

17 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

It would be good if you can add heading in inventory items, for us to group them and quick find. same as you did for jobs

"Heading for stock items"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: January 2014

Thank you for your suggestion to add Headings to group your Items under in your Inventory. We would be happy to consider this to be added, to show your demand for this idea, please remember to vote and comment.

9 Comments
ASWatCR
Partner
243 Posts
Partner

Yes please!

jenniek
Ultimate Partner
2,917 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Great idea and would be complimentary to custom lists

Matthew_W
MYOB Staff
2,173 Posts
MYOB Staff
Thank you for your suggestion to add Headings to group your Items under in your Inventory. We would be happy to consider this to be added, to show your demand for this idea, please remember to vote and comment.
Ausresearch
Experienced Cover User
17 Posts
Experienced Cover User

as you have heading on jobs, can you add heading into inventory, so we can put item under it, for us to easy find the item.

Jo_0212
Experienced Cover User
14 Posts
Experienced Cover User

This is a definite requirement for MYOB software.  We have a very large stock list and require stock items to be grouped for ease of reporting so I have to manually edit the reports each month to show the grouping and it is a painful tedious task.  If we could have headings and sub headings like we can for accounts that would be great.  I ideally need a 3 level heading list ie.

Heading 1

Heading 2

Heading 3

Stock Item 00001

Hopefully this one gets released in a future update.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Jo_0212 

Thanks for your feedback in regards to this idea and adding in the comment that you would like to see it like the Accounts Lists. I've shared your comments with the team.

ASWatCR
Partner
243 Posts
Partner

Agreed and voted

Judy01
Trusted Cover User
67 Posts
Trusted Cover User

I have set up Customs lists to group my inventory but cannot group them in one report. Is there are way to do this?

TingSpace
Partner
226 Posts
Partner

@Judy01

Hey there! I see that this is posted as an AccountRight Idea though are asking how to do something, I would recommend posting this kind of question on one of the AccountRight boards like Getting Started or Sales and purchases.

In terms of your question though, my understanding is that Custom Lists are designed for Filtering purposes so that you can separate the data on your report as opposed to grouping them specifically. Which is why it only allows 1 selection per field in the Advanced Filters.

That said, I decided to play around in the software to see what I answer I can pull up and found that while I can't produce a report with 2 values in the Custom List filtering, I can play around with the Filtering in the Item List screen.

Here's what I did (Tested in 2018.2):

1. I created 2 Values in my Custom List 1 option (Lists > Custom Lists > Item > Custom List 1). These values were: Location1 & Location2.

2. I then assigned Location1 & Location2 to separate Items.

3. On the Item List window (Items > Item List) I added the Custom List Column (Right click the Headers > Click Column Chooser > Double Click Custom List 1)

4. I then clicked the Filtering button on the Header to begin filtering by this column:

temp.png

5. After dropping it down, I could choose multiple values by ticking them off:
temp.png

6. This then filtered my List to show all Items with those 2 values in that field.

7. I right clicked and copied to Clipboard on the list:

temp.png

8. I opened an Excel Spreadsheet and just hit Ctrl + V to paste the values there and I can now see a report.

I hope this helps you with the current scenario!

~TingSpace