Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Inventory: Increase Description field character limit

Trusted Cover User

109Posts

171Kudos

5Solutions

109 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
New
New

Are we able to increase character limit for item description? say another 10

"Increase Description character limit - currently 255"

5 Comments
brunob
MYOB Product Manager
39 Posts
MYOB Product Manager

Hi @activemobility ,

Just to clarify, are you referring to the description field on the Item's Item Details tab? If yes, it allows the entry of 255 characters. Can you elaborate more on what you are trying to achieve and why that isn't enough? Many thanks.

Warm regards,

Bruno

activemobility
Trusted Cover User
109 Posts
Trusted Cover User

On the profile tab, Name:   increase characters here

Adele2442
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User

Please, please enable this box enable to more text. This is the only field where you can type valubale information on an item and more than often we cannot fit in what we need. I have heard this issue mentioned multiple times so I thought I would put it on here.

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG
KerryDe
Experienced User
28 Posts
Experienced User

Would also be handy to have tracking and reporting/exporting of these comments.  Would suggest a TABLE is best here: fields:  date;comment;action date etc.  I have logged a NEW IDEA as we need to track employee visa status and expiry date.  And this is only place we can do this.  Again a TABLE is needed to track visa status, visa type, expiry date, reminder due date (options to set before expiry date occurs)

VinStockman
2 Posts
User

We need to Inventroy Item Descriptions longer than 255 characters.

We use these for our sales/quotes and invoicing.

Currently we are having to copy and paste description into the quote which is slow, and in 2022 crazy.

We need to be able to select the product into the quote with its full description, quickly and effiently.

I see there have been a number of people asking for the same over many years.