Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Inventory: Multiple/back up primary supplier

Cover User

3Posts

27Kudos

0Solutions

3 Posts
Cover User
New Zealand

I purchase the same product from multiple suppliers, but I am forced to have multiple inventory for the same item because it will only input the primary supplier’s item number in my purchase order, if I don’t do this it means I risk accidently sending a PO with the wrong item numbers on it, it also means I have the same item multiple times under slightly different names in the inventory register causing all sorts of problems with things such as Auto build and stock takes.

To solve this if you could add multiple suppliers in item information/Buying Details/ and not just a primary supplier, then you could have a total inventory of an Item regardless of where you brought it from, then if MYOB would automatically show the item number belonging to the supplier you have selected on the PO in your printed/emailed copy instead of your own, allowing the supply company to see their codes etc. on their copy.

In addition to this having the ability to input the supplier’s item name and not just item number as I do not use theirs when I sell an item.

Also if once you have chosen the suppliers name in the PO and you go to add an item, it would be nice to have the choice of only displaying items in the drop down box from that supplier and not hundreds of other items not even available from that company.

I am sure you would have to have some way of averaging the cost of a product when you have purchased it from different suppliers at most likely different costs, but at least if the above changes were applied I could actually start using the inventory section of MYOB to its potential and not have it generate more work for myself.

Thanks

"Same Item from multiple suppliers"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: December 2013

Thanks for your idea Sabre, we would be happy to look into adding this, to see the demand for this type of feature it would be great to see some votes from the community to show their support.

12 Comments
kerrie_smith
Partner
125 Posts
Partner

Hi,

RetailManager will give different supplier codes on the same item. 

Sabre
3 Posts
Cover User

Hi Thanks for your answer
I am in Manufacturing and after having a look at the trial I dont think Retail Manager would suit my needs, although it does have some good features, I can only hope others sheer my views on this small upgrade

Thanks

Matthew_W
MYOB Staff
2,173 Posts
MYOB Staff
Thanks for your idea Sabre, we would be happy to look into adding this, to see the demand for this type of feature it would be great to see some votes from the community to show their support.
Moulds_Trucking
3 Posts
Cover User

When purchasing stock I alway have a backup supplier for supply if my 1st perference is out of stock.

Is it possible to add this back up supplier and their pricing to the inventory item.

Geejay
Experienced Partner
61 Posts
Experienced Partner

AR can produce a single PO from a Sales Order, but cannot produce multiple PO's.  The Primary Vendor is recorded on all Items so I don't understand why this function cannot work.  Instead, we a left with a PO listing all the Items on the Sales Order with the Supplier field empty.  At the moment we have to delete all the lines not relating to Supplier 1, then repeat the process for Supplier 2 and so on.  MYOB always claims it is about making things easy, so how about it?

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Geejay 

Thanks for your feedback in regards to AccountRight and creating multiple POs. I have shared it with the team.

SteveGB
1 Post
Cover User

Sabre,

I am in the very same predicament regarding multiple suppliers for a single item. 

I also purchase the same product from multiple suppliers, but I am forced to have multiple inventory for the same item because it will only input the primary supplier’s item number in my purchase order. 
This also means I have the same item multiple times under slightly different names in the inventory register causing all sorts of problems with things such as Auto build and stock takes.

The concept "If once you have chosen the suppliers name in the PO and you go to add an item, it would be nice to have the choice of only displaying items in the drop down box from that supplier and not hundreds of other items not even available from that company" makes absolute sense!!  I could not believe that Account Right did not auto filter the items from the predefined Supplier already selected.

These changes are defintely worth their weight in gold if MYOB could execute them.  It has my vote.

thehubauto
1 Post
User

Has there been any progress on this suggestion?

Ryan-C
Experienced Cover User
32 Posts
Experienced Cover User

This is very needed, thanks Sabre.

The ability to use an "Item" for purchases, sales & inventory really needs some improvement. At this point int time the system is too rigid and narrowing and we end up with thousands of unecessary and confusing long lists of Items numbers and sometimes unecessary stock, to get around these silly restriction as Sabre has posted how they are getting around the blockage.

The Item Card should have a seperate tab for the Buying "description", Currently the same as the Selling description so we have to make a new buying Item and then a build scenario.

Each item card should have the ability to add Extra Tabs for multiple suppliers of the One item if the user needs to add some in. This would allows us to anylse supplier options prices etc, and could even include a comments box for freight info or other options when buying from the named supplier

The Build feature should have a drop down column that offers the option to select an alternate/interchangable part from stock or from a "backup supplier" to fill the void for the particular sale at that point in time - but so that when an alternate is selected, the action does not change the build structure for future use to this alternative supplier part.

Flexibility to cope with the reality of day to day business is really really needed.. I think it could be made awesome buy opening up the flexibility of the item card. Would be very powerful!

Larry1
3 Posts
User

I am a food and beverage supplier and I have multiple suppliers for the same inventory product. In Inventory under " Optional Restocking Information for the to do list" I can only nominate the "Primary Supplier" and their "Supplier item number". It would be helpful to have a number of suppliers and their supplier number in this section. It would also be helpful to have their "Last Price" added to the supplier. Thanks.