Share your ideas for improving the new AccountRight. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

AccountRight

Inventory: Price matrix- set level by percentage of base

Experienced Cover User

48Posts

26Kudos

0Solutions

48 Posts
Experienced Cover User

In an inventory item there is the selling tab. Within this window there are the selling levels Retail, Level B, Level C etc here you can put special pricing and then in sales/customers you can tie these different levels to particular customers. B = 10% (Trade), C = 15% (Govt), D = 20% (wholesale) etc

I thought this was a good idea and implemented, but the problem with this feature is when there is a price change in the retail price.

Because it is a manually entered system each level has to be adjusted manually.

For example previous RRP was $100 and is now $95 you have to go and use a calculator to manually work out each level of pricing and adjust. What’s worse is that if you don't know what the discount structure was for each level, some else did it, and even though you can change the descriptive of the levels i.e. Level B can be changed to Trade this doesn’t help. You can’t for example change it to 10% because not every item you sell has the same margin i.e. an item that we sell we might only buy at RRP - 20% so the trade price for that item might only be 5%.

A much better and easier way for levels to work would be by entering the discount of RRP, for example

B = 5%, C = 10% etc and have that tied to that item only.

This way you can structure each item individually, can see what discounts have been applied and correct were necessary, by changing the RRP it will automatically update all the selling levels as it is only a % function not a hard set amount.

This would have to be adjustable per item and not inventory wide as different item attract different %.

At the moment as I am finding these I am setting all levels to RRP, the problem with this is that we have a number of customers and products that attract different % discounts so keep tab of who gets what and for what item is a total pain.

Possible to change to % per item?

"Inventory"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: November

Thank you for your idea. Our team has reviewed the idea and has ensured it meets our idea submission criteria. For more information on idea submission criteria, please read this article: Changes to our Idea Exchange pages

1 Comment
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,264 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Thank you for your idea. Our team has reviewed the idea and has ensured it meets our idea submission criteria. For more information on idea submission criteria, please read this article: Changes to our Idea Exchange pages