Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Report: Inventory Value Reconciliation - Exclude 0.00 items

Experienced Cover User

39Posts

378Kudos

0Solutions

39 Posts
Experienced Cover User
New Zealand

Could you please add an option to include/exclude zero balances as is possible in the Accounts Receivable Reconciliation Report and Accounts Payable Reconciliation Reports

"Inventory Reconciliation Report"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: June 2014

Thanks for your suggestion Helen. Anyone else who would like to be able to hide zero balances from the inventory value reconciliation report, please cast your vote here.

7 Comments
CloudMindAcc
Ultimate Partner
1,949 Posts
Ultimate Partner

The inventory valulation report should have a tick box to remove zero balances.  I 

jenniek
Ultimate Partner
2,917 Posts
Ultimate Partner

I too would love this. Often clients have stock items that they no longer carry, or just don't have any stock. These can make the report very very long, so it would be good to just see the items they have in stock and the value of them. Anything with a value and/or quantity wouldbe included and an option to exclude the nil balances. I have 1 client with 30,000 stock codes - they certainly wouldn't be running this report in it's present form. Reality is they only use about 2500 of those codes.

jenniek
Ultimate Partner
2,917 Posts
Ultimate Partner

yes please - totally agree - some inventory reports are so long they just can't be printed because there are so many nil balances.

Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff
Thanks for your suggestion Helen. Anyone else who would like to be able to hide zero balances from the inventory value reconciliation report, please cast your vote here.
Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,839 Posts
Ultimate Partner

This is a duplicate of: http://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Idea-Exchange/Inventory-Valuation-Report/idi-p/216487, which has 3 votes. Could MYOB please mark one as such and combine the votes.

Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

Thanks for bringing this to our attention Mike. The copy with the least votes has now been marked as a duplicate.

TonyLane
Ultimate Cover User
2,847 Posts
Ultimate Cover User

Hi @jenniek , @Kelly81 , @Trevor_Harrison , @ASWatCR , @Mike_James , @Denise_Cimarosti , @CloudMindAcc , @David_Cree , @Bundy , @LFW02 

I've just created a workaround that you can use in the meantime to print a report that only has non-zero values displaying in it.  Please refer to the image below which illustrates how to print a Inventory Reconciliation report that only reports non-zero values.  You must already have the report open to apply the workaround; once you are satisfied with the result you could save it as a customised report for future use without having to repeat the first 2 steps again.

Inventory Reconciliation Report omitting 0 values workaround.jpg