Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Inventory: Sales orders of items secure the stock numbers (to prevent being sold again)

Cover User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

3 Posts
Cover User
Australia

When creating an order for a product, MYOB allows me to create as many orders as I want regardless of the 'On Hand' qty for that product.

This is really tricky and can lead to inefficiencies. 

Eg. I have 20 units of product X. I have 5 picking slips in the warehouse for 4 units each which is going to take up all 20 units. Let's say that all orders have been picked but not yet invoiced, I get a 6th order for 4 units of product X. Even though there is now no stock physically, MYOB allows item X to appear on the pick slip. The picker unnecessarily walks to the location to find no stock.

It also leads to non prioritisation of orders. Lets say the 5th order has not yet been picked and the picker for the 6th order goes and picks it. It puts the customer of the 5th order at a disadvantage even though they ordered first.

Ideally, when you enter an order, you should be allowed to print a picking slip. The picking slip should reserve the stock for this order and not show it as available for subsequent orders. When the picking slip is invoiced, the invoice reflects the actual qty picked/shipped rather than for the example above where the 6th order has to be backordered as salesperson could not see that all 20 were actually committed to orders when they took the 6th order.

"Commit stock when creating an order"

Current Status: Archived
Last Changed: October 2018

Thank you for the idea. Unfortunately, this request has had no support from the community since it was submitted, so we are moving this idea to the Archived status. For more information on Idea Statuses, please read this article: Changes to our Idea Exchange pages

2 Comments
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Simla

Thank you for your idea in regards to AccountRight and items on hand.

While you can actually print a packing slip off an order* I can see where you are coming from. As orders don't affect accounts the program will not secure those items on that particular order which could lead to selling of stock when you have none. I would encourage other users that would like to see orders of items secure the stock numbers so that they can't be resold until additional stock has been purchased to vote and comment if required for this idea.

*To print a packing slip for an order go to Sales>>Print/Email Invoices>>Select Advance Filters>>Change the Sales Type to be Packing Slip (Item) and Sales Status to be Orders then OK.. This will populate the list with all orders, you can then tick the relevant order/s and select print.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for the idea. Unfortunately, this request has had no support from the community since it was submitted, so we are moving this idea to the Archived status. For more information on Idea Statuses, please read this article: Changes to our Idea Exchange pages