Share your ideas for improving the new AccountRight. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

AccountRight

Inventory: Standard Cost - Tax Inclusive or Tax Exclusive option

Cover User

1Posts

29Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
Cover User
New
New

Hi,

I would like to add a sugestion. I rang up as I was having an issue when entering an item into the items list and adding a Standard cost for what we purchase the item for from our suppliers. It automatically assumes the item is including tax. I think you should have the option to exclude tax as that is how we purchase and sell items at this business. Instead I have to either add GST to the price when entering it (which doesn't always work) when entering it into supplier Invoice or Supplier Purchase order. Just a thought as it would save time.

"Standard Cost - option to include or exclude GST"

22 Comments
1 Post
User

I agree that a fix for this needs to be found.

We have items that we import from Europe and the US that we are the sole Australian distributor for, and these items do not have GST in our buy price.

As others have said, most of our Australian suppliers also give us buy prices ex GST, and we quote to our customers that way.

If people have been asking for this for 5+ years, what is MYOB doing about it?

Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User

could this please please please have the option of GST inclusive or exclusive,  I have seen many posts wanting this but no way to do it