Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Inventory: Standard Cost - Tax Inclusive or Tax Exclusive option

Cover User

1Posts

40Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
Cover User
New
New

Hi,

I would like to add a sugestion. I rang up as I was having an issue when entering an item into the items list and adding a Standard cost for what we purchase the item for from our suppliers. It automatically assumes the item is including tax. I think you should have the option to exclude tax as that is how we purchase and sell items at this business. Instead I have to either add GST to the price when entering it (which doesn't always work) when entering it into supplier Invoice or Supplier Purchase order. Just a thought as it would save time.

"Standard Cost - option to include or exclude GST"

32 Comments
Vaucluse117
1 Post
User

I agree that a fix for this needs to be found.

We have items that we import from Europe and the US that we are the sole Australian distributor for, and these items do not have GST in our buy price.

As others have said, most of our Australian suppliers also give us buy prices ex GST, and we quote to our customers that way.

If people have been asking for this for 5+ years, what is MYOB doing about it?

BobMcLennan
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User

could this please please please have the option of GST inclusive or exclusive,  I have seen many posts wanting this but no way to do it

BMac1
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User

2 functions in MYOB are so annoying that I have asked my accountant to look at an alternative. The functions are

1. Standard Cost: It should NOT include GST

2. Rounding to 2 decimal places: In purchase orders there should be an option to round to 2 decimal places

MYOB users have been asking for these to be fixed since at least 2012. I have used MYOB for over 20 years and everyday when I do a purchase order and have to convert the cost manually on every item is so "FRUSTRATING"

Please send out a questionaire to MYOB users and find out what % would like these changes Please

Bill

BMac1
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User

MYOB users have been asking for these 2 functions to be fixed since at least 2012

1. Standard Cost: An option (just like in the selling price) to include/exclude GST should be available

2. Rounding to 2 Decimal Places: This is a no brainer - An option to allow rounding should be available

I have used MYOB for over 20 years and my son has used MYOB for over 10 years. Please fix this before I get so frustrated that I will be forced to look for an alternative to MYOB

CLSHC
2 Posts
User

Seems this has been issue for many years, anyone have a work around on how to solve this issue, or do we need to keep changing the PO pricing every single time? 

Naomilsb
3 Posts
Cover User

I agree 100% 

The"last purchase price" already includes GST & its not often we change the pricing, so the standard cost should automaticlly be ex GST!

PaulB65
3 Posts
User

All of my suppliers selling price to my business is EX GST. this is what we load into our system.

My clients request pricing to them EX GST, with the GST amount shown seperatley.

The feature to input standard cost price files ex gst and load as standard cost would be extremley beneficial to pricing maintenance.

JJ67
Experienced Cover User
22 Posts
Experienced Cover User

MOST SUPPLIERS GIVE US COST EX GST WHY CANT MYOB LISTEN TO IT'S CUSTOMERS. EVERY TIME A SUPPLIER DOES AN INCREASE I NEED TO MAKE A EXCEL SHEET TO ADD GST TO EACH ITEM THEN APPLY IT TO MYOB FORMAT SO ANNOYING. 

Acme_20_yr_cust
Experienced Cover User
17 Posts
Experienced Cover User

100% agree.  Especially if you have "Tax Code when bought" as GST FRee - it makes NO sense that the P/Order cost deducts it again.  This has changed at some stage recently

Gmac2016
2 Posts
Cover User

There is a check box for for GST most other areas but not in standard cost, why is this?

All of our suppliers prices are ex GST, we need to convert to inc GST to enter into MYOB.

We cant even easily see if our standard prices in MYOB match suppliers becuase of this, every time we item prices a calculation is involved.

I am wondering why there is not a check box for ex/inc GST in inventory items, under the buy section?

I would really like to see all figures ex GST.   The amount of times I have nearly sold something by entering an ex GST price when the GST box is ticked and I havent noticed, is a worry.  Some reports are confusing too as to weather thing inlcude GST or not.

It seems that MYOB have been aware of their customers wishes for some time but choose not to listen,  why?