Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Use of bold, italics or colour when entering a sale

Experienced Cover User

33Posts

30Kudos

1Solutions

33 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
New
New

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF IT POSSIBLE TO USE BOLD, ITALIC OR COLOUR ON CERTAIN ENTRIES ON A SERVICE INVOICE?

I DO NOT WANT TO CHANGE MY CUSTOMISED FORM, BECAUSE IT DOES NOT APPLY TO EVERY INVOICE I ENTER AND THAT WOULD JUST BE MORE WORK!!

IT WOULD BE NICE IF THERE WAS SOME KIND OF TOOLBAR WHICH INCLUDED THESE OPTIONS INSTEAD OF HAVING TO CUSTOMISE FORMS!

ANY IDEAS???

"CAN YOU USE BOLD, ITALIC OR COLOUR WHEN ENTERING SERVICE INVOICE"

Current Status: New
Last Changed: October 2013

Thanks for the great idea Nat. We would love to hear what other users think. If you would like to see this functionality, please show your support with further votes and comments.

68 Comments
JustMichaela
Experienced Cover User
35 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Wow, @NatADM's comment was 7 years ago.  Come on Myob, you want to keep ahead of your competitors and keep your existing Customers happy (well we hope so. Lol.), it is time to put the serious thinking caps on and allow us to do simple things like bold and/or underline, at least for now anyway.  We apperciate we can put our thoughts and requests and calls for assistance in this Forum.

Pete_Perth
4 Posts
Cover User

Please add this feature

Adding it allows the important descriptive information on the invoice to be made more prominant.

Headers

The headers field are bolded on the screen which show just how this could look.

Comments

For customers that don't want to Bold text introduce a new line type called comment - like a header only not shown in bold

KellyB4
Experienced User
13 Posts
Experienced User

Have the ability to Bold or Underline words/lines.

Difficult atm to highlight important information.

tgjjames
1 Post
User

Definitely need to update MYOB so that everytime a header is inserted, users are able to format the header.  Formats such as BOLD, UNDERLINE & ITALICS are such basic formats but has a big impact in presentation.

JustMichaela
Experienced Cover User
35 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I too said bold, underline and italics should be integrated into invoices a few years ago.

Perhaps it's time Myob seriously thought about this?  My boss forgets and goes mad when I remind him it doesn't have these features.  :-(

Jill10
Experienced User
14 Posts
Experienced User

Please add the functionality to BOLD text in both Sales & Purchases formats.  Using *** to highlight information just doesn't cut it!

JustMichaela
Experienced Cover User
35 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Use of bold, italics or colour when entering a sale:-

Perhaps if a lot more users added their thoughts to this particular comment forum, Myob would seriously consider adding this to the program??

Many 'voices' will help our plight in this petition.  ;-)

samanthas1
1 Post
User

It would be fantastic to be able to underline etc!

JustMichaela
Experienced Cover User
35 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Nat's original post was in 2013.  Surely with all the other wonderful features now implemented into Myob this wouldn't be that difficult?

Bold and Underline.  Please consider that at your next Team meeting, please?

Thank you for listening.  :-)

SamJ
3 Posts
Cover User

I have just tried to get my 'header' lines on my invoice to print in bold - as they appear on screen.  Unfortunately, not able to do so.

After a google search, it lead me to this.  Such a shame that this has been an issue for many years and not yet been resolved.