Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Jobs: Report on transaction associated with job

Cover User

3Posts

16Kudos

0Solutions

3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
New
New

I would like to be able to print a job report that shows all purchases, time  and sales on a job.

It would also be great if I could invoice items and time on the same invoice.  Perhaps even pull all costs (time, items, expenses, etc) into an invoice automatically.

"Job Reports & Invoicing"

15 Comments
HannahATech
1 Post
User

I would love (and need!) to have the ability to generate a report of our job costings that includes the time billing costs.  At present, I have to generate a job cost report, export it to excel, and then generate a time billing report on that same job, export that into excel, copy and paste the information and manually add it all up.  The time billing report only gives me our hourly charge out rate, and quantities, but not our hourly rate cost.  I would love to generate one report that includes our hourly rate time costs as well as materials/freight costs etc so that we have one complete and accurate report instead of manually adding things up!

"Job Reporting"

Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,839 Posts
Ultimate Partner

If you need a solution now, you should look at a custom report. If you are using version 19 or earlier, contact me for details. I have done an extensive but similar report for a client.  (If my signature does not appear, click on my user name).

HLC1959
3 Posts
Cover User

What is the use of Job's headings if you can't use them in reports? The only report that Job headings can be used is a Jobs list report.  I need a Job headings report for Balance$, Balance(hours) within payroll fornights so need date perameters as well.  At least add the Job headings to the choice of Jobs in the "Jobs select from List" so that the Job headings are able to be used.

CloudMindAcc
Ultimate Partner
1,949 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hi HLC1959 I agree had the same issue the other day.  I just ended up having to tick all the sub-job codes to get around it.

I have voted

KattC
790 Posts
Former Staff

Hello @HLC1959 

Header jobs are designed to group the detail/sub jobs together to get you the cost, income, expenses and net profit of the job at hand. You are fight the header jobs are not an option on all the job reports. If there is anyone else out there that would like to see this feature in future upgrades, please vote and leave your comments

Kind regards,

Kat 

ASWatCR
Partner
243 Posts
Partner

I also agree and have voted.

Souter
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I know this is an old thread but this is something that I have been looking for and really need for our business.  Is your custom report still available?

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Souter

If you are considering @Mike_James's offer of a custom report for job tracking I would recommend contacting him directly to see if its first still available and if he can point you in the right direction to obtain it .

You can send him a private message on the MYOB Community Forum using the "Send this user a private message" on the left hand side by clicking into his username i.e. @Mike_James

Wendy2627
5 Posts
Cover User

As a building company we report to our clients a list of job transactions by job codes (trades, for eg joiner, internal fitout, ext cladding, tiler etc) under one central job header, this report then shows the overall balance due for a selected date period.  We paid to have a customised smartreport designed for us which was very user friendly, but we lost the functionality of that report when we upgraded.  I have been able to fiddle with entering certain information into different fields (which has no correlation to the field name) to be able to reproduce this report, but to be able to print a report from a header job, with the option of selecting which sub jobs, would solve all, as well as take the stress out of upgrading each time wondering if myob has changed how that particular field is shown in reports. 

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Wendy2627

Thank you for your feedback in regards to job reporting and voting for this idea. I have shared your thoughts with the team.