Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Jobs: Job List - Hide inactivate job

Experienced Cover User

40Posts

147Kudos

0Solutions

40 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

The Job List screen is great, however I find it frustrating that I can't remove (hide) inactive jobs. I also don't understand why I can't make a Header Job inactive and have all sub-jobs be marked as inactive. This would save a lot of time. 

"Customisable Job List View and Easier 'Mark Inactive' Options"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: February 2023

Hi Everyone

Within the AccountRight Browser interface the Jobs window will showcase the list of jobs without inactive jobs being listed. Want to see inactive jobs? There is an on-screen option to show inactive jobs.

Please note: The AccountRight Desktop application will show both (active and inactive) jobs in the Jobs List. Their status will be denoted by the selection arrow - blue for active and grey for inactive. 

42 Comments
Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff
Thank you for your post. I agree, it would be a good idea if you could have an option to only list Active Jobs in your Jobs list. Also to be able to mark a Header Job as Inactive, if all its Sub Jobs are meant to be Inactive. We request others who would like these changes brought about to please vote and comment.
Muleng
2 Posts
Cover User

This would be really helpful.

Rustynuts
1 Post
Cover User

Inactive jobs SHOULD NOT be visible, at a minimum should be sortable so at least the highest number (most recently created) is at the top of the list. 

I am trialling the iPad version and the way jobs are displayed makes it virtually useless as you have to scroll past inactive history, several years worth in my case, to get to the active higher numbers.

My hope was, as a contractor that travels often, to be able to input costs as I incur them on the road to stay on top of my outgoings / on-chargeables but unless the app improves considerably its worthless.

SLT
Contributing Cover User
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I have a number of jobs which have been completed and marked as inactive. 

It is still extremetly difficult and time consuming when they still show up in the master jobs list.  Is there a way that they can be made inactive from this main list also when looking?

Thanks T

Amanda_Jane_G
2 Posts
Cover User

-Is it possible to have a show inactive check box like MYOB does in the card file.  We have over 7000 jobs dating back to 2003 it would be nice to see just the active jobs instead of all inactive and active jobs for the last 11 years. 

-We used to be able to go into find transactions and type in the job field an inactive job number and we could see the transactions to that job.  We are unable to do this now. Can we have that feature back please..

-When looking at the transactions in a job it doesn't show the employees name anymore in the memo.  It's blank. Can we have this back too.  

Ajam
1 Post
Cover User

I would love it if when you looked up your job lists, employees or any suppliers and customer cards if they were inactive they didn't appear...it would make life so much easier. 

Have any updates on this been introduced?

ttmengineering
Contributing Cover User
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Would be good to see only active jobs in the jobs list without having to go to the customers card.

Emile
2,626 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @SLT 

Thank you for the Idea. I encourage you and others to vote for it by clicking the +vote icon as well as add any other comments.

One thing to consider is since the job list does display the profit or loss of a job and you can have sub-jobs, would inactive sub-jobs not be displayed but their profit/loss calculated for the active header job?

ttmengineering
Contributing Cover User
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Please implement this, would make job management so much easier.

anniep
Experienced Cover User
34 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Yes ! I agree , to be able to hide inactive jobs would be so much easier . We would only be viewing current jobs rater than trying to scroll through several years worth of information that is not required.