Share your ideas for improving the new AccountRight. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

AccountRight

Jobs: Job List - Hide inactivate job

Experienced Cover User

36Posts

62Kudos

0Solutions

36 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
New
New

The Job List screen is great, however I find it frustrating that I can't remove (hide) inactive jobs. I also don't understand why I can't make a Header Job inactive and have all sub-jobs be marked as inactive. This would save a lot of time. 

"Customisable Job List View and Easier 'Mark Inactive' Options"

Current Status: New
Last Changed: December 2013

Thank you for your post. I agree, it would be a good idea if you could have an option to only list Active Jobs in your Jobs list. Also to be able to mark a Header Job as Inactive, if all its Sub Jobs are meant to be Inactive. We request others who would like these changes brought about to please vote and comment.

12 Comments
Community Manager Suja_P
5,890 Posts
Community Manager
Thank you for your post. I agree, it would be a good idea if you could have an option to only list Active Jobs in your Jobs list. Also to be able to mark a Header Job as Inactive, if all its Sub Jobs are meant to be Inactive. We request others who would like these changes brought about to please vote and comment.
Muleng
2 Posts
Cover User

This would be really helpful.

Rustynuts
1 Post
Cover User

Inactive jobs SHOULD NOT be visible, at a minimum should be sortable so at least the highest number (most recently created) is at the top of the list. 

I am trialling the iPad version and the way jobs are displayed makes it virtually useless as you have to scroll past inactive history, several years worth in my case, to get to the active higher numbers.

My hope was, as a contractor that travels often, to be able to input costs as I incur them on the road to stay on top of my outgoings / on-chargeables but unless the app improves considerably its worthless.

Ajam
1 Post
Cover User

I would love it if when you looked up your job lists, employees or any suppliers and customer cards if they were inactive they didn't appear...it would make life so much easier. 

Have any updates on this been introduced?

Experienced Cover User anniep
25 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Yes ! I agree , to be able to hide inactive jobs would be so much easier . We would only be viewing current jobs rater than trying to scroll through several years worth of information that is not required.

Contributing Cover User nondiscrypt
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I agree with OP. I'd like to see a more efficient method for making jobs inactive/making jobs active that have been made inactive.

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
33,027 Posts
MYOB Moderator

HI @nondiscrypt

Thank you for your comments in regards to this idea.

Along with commenting for an idea on the MYOB Essentials Idea Exchange you can show your support by voting. To vote for an idea select the + VOTE button to the left of the idea's name.

ChrisE
4 Posts
Cover User

Hi MYOB,

In the next release it would be great to have a button (same in cards) named "show inactive jobs" or similar when opening the master jobs list in Lists>Jobs.

Cheers.

Experienced Cover User Coolectrics
13 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Also if the job complete percentage could be edited in a batch that would be great.  The way I see it as a column in the job list screen.  

Contributing Cover User AccountsM
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I'd like to be able to hide the inactive or completed jobs.  I've seen an answer to the same question that says put them with a z in front of the Job name - this isn't a suitable workaround for me.   Please have that little box on that we can tick, show inactive, or show completed.  PLEASE.

Thanks