Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Jobs: Job List - Hide inactivate job

Experienced Cover User

40Posts

147Kudos

0Solutions

40 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

The Job List screen is great, however I find it frustrating that I can't remove (hide) inactive jobs. I also don't understand why I can't make a Header Job inactive and have all sub-jobs be marked as inactive. This would save a lot of time. 

"Customisable Job List View and Easier 'Mark Inactive' Options"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: February 2023

Hi Everyone

Within the AccountRight Browser interface the Jobs window will showcase the list of jobs without inactive jobs being listed. Want to see inactive jobs? There is an on-screen option to show inactive jobs.

Please note: The AccountRight Desktop application will show both (active and inactive) jobs in the Jobs List. Their status will be denoted by the selection arrow - blue for active and grey for inactive. 

42 Comments
LisaBlack2607
Partner
11 Posts
Partner

It would  be great if you could be able to hide inactive jobs like you can in other lists in AR. So you can then view/print a list of active jobs only.

DannyTangney
Valued Cover User
320 Posts
Valued Cover User

Hi Lisa,

If you go to Lists and select Jobs (which brings up all of the active and inactive jobs), then select "Print" (which brings up the report), then in the Jobs selection box untick "Show Inactive Jobs" you can select and print just the Active ones...

Cheers,
Danny

Gerard_BBPL
6 Posts
Cover User

nothing seems to have been done about this - we have just started using Account Right 2019 and tyhis problem still exists. Is there a fix coming?

Bookkeeper123
Partner
4 Posts
Partner

Inactive jobs crowd the screen. You can tab in cards for employees & customer & supplier for inactive and they dissapear . The job should clear a lot of clutter as multiple jobs for same location requests extra investigation as spacing does not allow for a complex description. 

H-TS
Trusted User
461 Posts
Trusted User

Seems like this should be standard and not something we need to vote or comment on. Also to be able to select multiple jobs and bulk mark inactive...

Nathou
Experienced Cover User
14 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I would also be great if we could make a list of jobs inactive at the one time, rather than go into each job.  THere should be a tick box next to them all that you can tick and then say make all inactive.

RoslynBowes
Experienced User
19 Posts
Experienced User

Has anything been done yet to add this option?

H-TS
Trusted User
461 Posts
Trusted User

Hahaha. @RoslynBowes I admire your optimism.

The_Doc
Ultimate Partner
1,537 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hi @Flow 

Good luck on that suggestion - but yes it would be nice along with a few other features in the job area.

However a work around - create a job called zzzJobs_Closed   - then when a job is closed just make it a sub of this and it should - I say should pop to the bottom.

If not - just put a zz infront of the job number name.

Jobs just hasn't had a facelift for eons.

The Doc

RoslynBowes
Experienced User
19 Posts
Experienced User

Thanks Doc,

That suggestion is helpful.