Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Jobs: Job List - Hide inactivate job

Experienced Cover User

40Posts

147Kudos

0Solutions

40 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

The Job List screen is great, however I find it frustrating that I can't remove (hide) inactive jobs. I also don't understand why I can't make a Header Job inactive and have all sub-jobs be marked as inactive. This would save a lot of time. 

"Customisable Job List View and Easier 'Mark Inactive' Options"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: February 2023

Hi Everyone

Within the AccountRight Browser interface the Jobs window will showcase the list of jobs without inactive jobs being listed. Want to see inactive jobs? There is an on-screen option to show inactive jobs.

Please note: The AccountRight Desktop application will show both (active and inactive) jobs in the Jobs List. Their status will be denoted by the selection arrow - blue for active and grey for inactive. 

42 Comments
VickiMcClelland
Experienced User
16 Posts
Experienced User

I have recently moved across from AccountEdge (Mac) to AccountRight and am disappointed to see that there is no option to hide inactive jobs which has been an option in AccountEdge for some years.  It was just a checkbox to hide/unhide inactive jobs.  Can this please be considered in future updates as this option is available in AccountEdge so I wouldnt think it would be too difficult to include in AccountRight.  Maybe employ some of the software developers for AccountEdge seeing as MYOB are no longer supporting it as it was a great software package and Jobs was far superior to AccountRight.  I could even attach documents to jobs which is also unavailable in AccountRight.  Thanks

AccountsM
Contributing Cover User
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Hello MYOB

Can we please have the facility whereby only active jobs can be shown in the list of jobs.   We have thousands of jobs and it is very annoying that we can't just omit the inactive ones by ticking a box. 

This should be a really easy fix for a programmer. 

thanks

ballens
20 Posts
User

ABSOLUTELY    PLEASE   !!!!!! 

And also so that the "inactive" jobs are greyed out it in the Customer File Card . 

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

Within the AccountRight Browser interface the Jobs window will showcase the list of jobs without inactive jobs being listed. Want to see inactive jobs? There is an on-screen option to show inactive jobs.

Please note: The AccountRight Desktop application will show both (active and inactive) jobs in the Jobs List. Their status will be denoted by the selection arrow - blue for active and grey for inactive. 

H-TS
Trusted User
461 Posts
Trusted User

This is not "done" if it only works in the browser. It's "partially done".

VickiMcClelland
Experienced User
16 Posts
Experienced User

I agree, we pay a lot for a MYOB subscription and this issue needs to be sorted so that you have the option within the DESKTOP to be able to view active jobs only, I had this option when I was using AccountEdge so it should be an easy fix so it can be done on Accountright.  I dont want to have to go to the browser to be able to do this when I mostly work from the desktop.

AccountsM
Contributing Cover User
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User

@MYOB

For users who only use the brower this may have been fixed.  However for those of us who use the desktop version it hasn't been fixed.  Please reassess the Done ticket and provide an update of when the desktop version will be fixed. 

Thanks 

ballens
20 Posts
User

TOTALLY AGREE. For many reasons the web application is very limited and we can't use it.  For the money we are paying we should be able to have Active / Inactive feature of Jobs.  Also that the Inactive Jobs are GREYED out within the Customer Card under their Jobs.  After having used the application for over 20 years... can you imagine how many Jobs we now have!!!!!!?

VickiMcClelland
Experienced User
16 Posts
Experienced User

I would encourage everyone who has been following this post or previously commented to recomment so we can get this case opened back up and get some resolution as it is not acceptable and clearly hasnt been addressed or actioned by MYOB.

Nathou
Experienced Cover User
14 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I'm sorry MYOB but you have hardly rectified this issue and should re-open this case.  Fixing it in the Browser Interface does not help the majority of us as I am sure the majority use the desktop version.   Please re-visit this post.   Surely it is not a difficult fix ??